Coil Spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
    your shocks control bound and rebound, stop you bouncing to much on your springs (rear) or torsion bars (front) so a medium to stiff shock will help to stop you feeling seasick and too bouncy. A hard shock will give maximum bound and rebound control but can feel a bit harsh.

I have driven the ES9000's and I think they feel really good, a compromise of stiffness and comfort.

You torsion bars act like your rear springs, only on the front, and they give a torsion effect of pushing the hub via the wishbones down onto the road to maintain contact.
    Winding the bars up to level out the ride can be a bit bouncy for lots of offroad use (this is where uprated torsion bars are useful) but for road use they are ok.
    thanks for clearing that up alan

es9000 on the back is it the same on the front i've just been looking on the milner site and they seem to be procomp but not sure if there es9000 any ideas where i can get them from
    oil or gas ?
    thanks again mate
    sorry if my stupid questions are insulting

Comment

Adjusting the torsion bars is a doddle if you do decide to go down this route.

Do a thread search on here to find them, usually a good writeup.

If you can't find anything I will post up some pics and details this week.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

questions get answers and no they are not stupid.

I think TonyN could sort you out with what you need.

Procomp Es9000's +2" for front and rear with the LC springs.

If the front feels too bouncy after winding up torsion bars then you could fit 2" balljoint spacers in order to keep the truck level and wind them back a bit.
        Alan

Comment

Just to be a spanner in the works here......

I've got procomp es9000 +2's all round, and my front bars are jacked up 1.5"...

The ride quality is terrible compared to original (on road) Feel like my fillings are gonna come out everytime I hit a bump in the road.

I'm looking at bj spacers etc to help get the front suspension working again.

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
            questions get answers and no they are not stupid.

I think TonyN could sort you out with what you need.

Procomp Es9000's +2" for front and rear with the LC springs.

If the front feels too bouncy after winding up torsion bars then you could fit 2" balljoint spacers in order to keep the truck level and wind them back a bit.
            Hi tonyn if your still about alan has mentioned you maybe able to help any ideas appreciated trying to get an accurate cost to replace rear coils to uprated ones and also new shocks allround

thanks in advance

tony if i replace the tbars would that remove the need for a spacer dont like anything to do with things like balljoints sounds expensive

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
              Just to be a spanner in the works here......

I've got procomp es9000 +2's all round, and my front bars are jacked up 1.5"...

The ride quality is terrible compared to original (on road) Feel like my fillings are gonna come out everytime I hit a bump in the road.

I'm looking at bj spacers etc to help get the front suspension working again.

Rob.
              thanks for the feedback rob apreciate it but the ride really cant be any worse than it is now will the spacers resolve this ?

thanks

Comment

the spacers work out cheaper than the uprated torsion bars.

reasonably easy to fit.
                Alan

Comment

how much roughly alan any ideas

Comment

I thought the uprated torsion bars were the equivalent of fitting stiffer springs ?

ie: harsher ride ?

Rob.

Comment

now im really getting confused is there not a defininative answer

cheers jon

Comment

It's hard to be certain, but looking at the photo of your surf it seems like the front is already raised on the bars compared to stock - I've attatched a pic of my surf how it was the day I bought it. Look at the distance from the wheel arch to wheel rim. It's smaller than yours.

Maybe try winding your bars down and see how that feels. If better have a look at balljoint spacers.

Rob.
                        Attached Files

Comment

thanks rob i agree its a minefield especially as mine has stupid wheels as well

do you know where i can get everything at once so i can price up the worst case senerio as i said i just want to get sorted cant continue to drive it the way it is its doing my head in

cheers jon
                          Last edited by BAV1; 7 April 2008, 23:57.

Comment

It depends on what you want - if you want to run stock suspension and stock tyres then just buy a pair of standard rear springs, fit them and then wind the front bars to match - should then be quite comfortable. They say oil shocks are sweeter on road but gas shocks are better off road btw..

If you want to 'jack it up' for looks only then just do a bodylift. If you want more clearance off road then you need to look at suspension lifts first then bodylifts after.

Rob.

Comment

thanks rob that helps alot im assuming then that the shocks on milner are intended as a direct replacment for stock

so i shouldnt have any problems with them and the uprated springs as i cant find any standard no bothered about raising for clearance or looks however i do want to repalce the tyres with somthing like yours im assuming i shouldnt have any problems with above setup

thanks again everyone no doubt there will be more questions along the way if anyone else has an opinion on this feel free the more the better

Comment

My tyres are stock size btw.
                                Rob.

Comment

Working...
                                X