Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil Spacers

hi all

does anyone know where i can get hold of some 2" rear spring spacers for 2.4 TD ssrx preferably local (bury, manchester) and if poss how much

i have a problem with a hard ride especially speed bumps i intend to replace the springs eventually with the uprated ones but want to try this first as im not sure if the shocks have gone im also looking at putting on some chunky AT tyres any ideas

cheers jon

I'd buy LC springs from Roughtrax or Milners. Cheaper than spacers.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks Mate Ive Been Looking On Ebay And Have Seen Jeep Spacer For Around £15 Didnt Think The Toyota Ones Would Be Much More

Do You Think Springs Would Resolve The Harsh Landing After Speed Bumps

Thanks For The Prompt Reply

Jon

Comment

The rough landing off the speed bumps is the rear suspension bottoming out because you've got a saggy ar$e, adding spacers will help a bit, but it will sag again.

My springs are still lying in a box in my shed, so I can't comment personally. But most of the guy's who have fitted them like them. Only down side is you'll eventually need new shocks.

Comment

Its harsh on LC springs too. They're made for a heavier truck so dont sag AT ALL with no load in the truck. They're better when the truck's loaded up though.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

There is another option open to you - drive over the speed bumps a little more slowly!!!
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
              There is another option open to you - drive over the speed bumps a little more slowly!!!
              THANKS FOR THAT MATE CANT GO OVER THEM ANY SLOWER THAN I ALREADY AM AND EVERY ROUTE I TAKE FROM MY HOUSE IS LITTERED WITH THEM

SO IF THE UPRATED SPRINGS ARE GOING TO BE JUST AS HARD ANY OTHER IDEAS GUYS AS IT REALLY STARTING TO GET ON MY SKITTLES THE BACK END IS SAGGING

IN A BIT A CATCH 22 AS THE TRUCK IS EMPTY MOST OF THE TIME BUT WHEN WE GO CAMPING ITS ***FULLY*** LOADED AND TOWING A SMALL 5"X3" TRAILOR AS WELL BUT REALLY NEED TO GET THIS SORTED AS GOING TO IRELAND IN A FEW MONTHS ND I REALLY DONT FANCY ALL THAT WAY AS IT IS CANT EVEN CONTEMPLATE OFFROAD FUN AT THE MOMENT WHICH IS THE MAIN REASON I BOUGHT IT CAME UP WITH LOADS OF JUSTIFICATION FOR THE MISSUS AND EVERYTHING

SORRY FOR SHOUTING JUST REALISED CAPS ON AND CANT BE BOTHERED RETYPING

Albannach YOU SAY YOU HAVE SOME IN THE GARAGE DONT SUPPOSE YOUR THINKING OF SELLING ARE YOU

CHEERS JON

Comment

If they are LC springs, they are firmer than standard.

Check that you really are banging on the bumpstops before you write that off as the cause. Some original rate replacement springs and plusher shocks may suit you better.

Comment

thanks mate i will look into that option i assume the usual haunts milner and roughtrax are the best bet for these

cheers jon

Comment

yeah. Unless you want a lift (and a biggish one from LC springs!) then go for some of the replacements offered by both those you mention.

Comment

Nope, I'll fit them one day...

Comment

Originally posted by BAV1 View Post
                        Thanks Mate Ive Been Looking On Ebay And Have Seen Jeep Spacer For Around £15 Didnt Think The Toyota Ones Would Be Much More

Do You Think Springs Would Resolve The Harsh Landing After Speed Bumps

Thanks For The Prompt Reply

Jon
                        They are, try £75 a pair. (I have lots here though)
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

"Getting on my skittles"......LMAO!!

I have a set of Milners uprated springs in my shed, you can have them for £30 - just need to sort out shipping or a Surf train....

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                            "Getting on my skittles"......LMAO!!

I have a set of Milners uprated springs in my shed, you can have them for £30 - just need to sort out shipping or a Surf train....
                            cheers mate just out of insterest are they new ones

get paid on 15th any chance you can keep hold of them until then if so how would i get the cash to you bank transfer / paypal ?

need to suss the postage out as well first any ideas my postcode is bl82qb if that helps

i have kids to getting on my skittles roughly translates as getting on my t*ts its a manchester thing

thanks again

Comment

They were on my truck for a short while, I have two sets - so I can find the nicest pair.....

The shipping would probably be about the same as the springs to there - and paypal would be OK for me - I'll give you my details later on once we've worked out how to get them to you!

Comment

Working...
                              X