Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevo7
    Surfs look gay without bullbars.
    What? I saw a naked 2nd Gen Surf a couple of days ago in Acton. It was attracting a lot of attention. No rear mounted spare. No bull bars. No wheel arch extensions. No extra tinted windows. Subtle body lift. British racing green.
    I thought it looked really cool. Minimalist even. Bet it accelerates better and has a higher top speed than one with all the extra weight.
    Mines a Fat Git!
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo7
      Surfs look gay without bullbars.
      We've taken the bull bars off both of our surfs. Personally, I think they look much better without them.

I like the A bars better and the grey surf is destined to inherit the pick-up's A Bar, but the Black Bullet will be staying naked!!

That's just my taste though, it's a bit like the old "side steps, or no side steps" question.

At the end of the day.. if you like them keep them, if you dont like them lose them....

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=Malenibo]
        Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        I've got mixed feelings about bull bars. They can do a lot of damage to a pedestrian. I have read that in a collision, with them fitted, you can do more damage to your chassis/ bodywork because they bend back and hit things that aren't in the impact area.

In actual fact, and think about it, Bull bars on 4x4's are safer. I you hit a pedestrian in a 4x4 with bull bars fitted you will knock them down flat. With the high ground clearence you then pass safely over the body or stop over the top protecting them from further injury. If you hit a pedestrian with a low almost knife edge bonnet you flip them over the top so they bounce along the roof and then drop off into the road to be hit by the car behind. SO there you are a case for bull bars and if you clad them with foam you can call them "pedestrian friendly" Leave em on!!!!!!!!
        Just wait while I pick myself up off the floor and then go and have a lie down in a dark room with a cold flannell on my head and have a think about that !!!
        Attached Files
        I'd Rather Have A 4" Lift Than A 4" Extension !!!

Comment

Surfs look gay without bullbars

Surfs look a lot gayer with useless bits of smoked perspex and chrome all over them but at the end of the day it isnt the make and model of car that matters; it's how you maintain it and drive it that matters.

Comment

Definitely naked - no stickers or mirrored glass

Comment

Bull Bars

Originally posted by snake
              Definitely naked - no stickers or mirrored glass
              Once my NEW HEAD is iftted im putting a bigger set of A'BARS on and im going looking for bart.otley@virgin.net

Comment

I meant A bars not bullbars. Bullbars are overkill.

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel
                  I'm trying to convince my other half to take off the bull bars but not getting any where I know they look good on the car but how many of you still have them on?.
                  Just worried as they can cause alot of damage (people and cars)
                  We have 1992 surf 2.4 diesel and love it way better than my shogun!!
                  If you don't want them I'll Have em.

Comment

No bull but all bar for me....
                    Gaz

Comment

Sorry I have decieded to keep them just in case I meet any rouge Kangroos!!!!
                      http://community.webshots.com/user/cassie08100

Comment

Originally posted by Elvz
                        Surfs look gay without bullbars

Surfs look a lot gayer with useless bits of smoked perspex and chrome all over them but at the end of the day it isnt the make and model of car that matters; it's how you maintain it and drive it that matters.
                        bwahahahaha! nice.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                        X