Calling Dublin/Ireland members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Dublin/Ireland members

Hi - looking for advice on lowering a 92 Surf. Currently has suspension lift but want to get back to standard setup for personal reasons. Have the new shocks and bits & pieces (courtesy of Mudsurfer). Anyone avail in Dublin (or close by) that has done this or can point me in right direction. Any help much appreciated. Txs, Pado.

Are you selling off the 'lift' components?

I might be interested.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Should be pretty straightforward.

does it have a body lift or just the suspension lift?
      Alan

Comment

Just the suspension lift is just a straight swapout for the new standard bits.

A set of decent spring compressors will come in handy and be sure to spray up everything you want to loosen at least a week before with plenty of WD40.

It has been suggest by some that to get greater movement in the back axle that it's a good idea to remove the fuel filler flexi pipe. this is fine if going from longer springs back to standard, not so good the other way round.(as yoshie and I found out when fitting LC springs to his truck)

Other than that it's pretty easy.
        Alan

Comment

Hi Alan. Thanks for the advice. I will have a look at the weekend and check if there is a body and suspension lift. I know the torsion bars have also been adjusted. Will load up with WD40 and let it soak as you suggest. Txs, Pado.

Comment

Working...
          X