looky what i made.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
    yea i can make them bigger at a cost of £10 per inch.
    Hi Vatch so if I wanted to lift mine another 4" on the rear they would be £140 a pair yes?
    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
      Hi Vatch so if I wanted to lift mine another 4" on the rear they would be £140 a pair yes?
      no sorry £180 the pair £10 per inch per spacer. plus you would need +8 shocks and longer brake hoses.and i wouldnt recomend it though.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

no sorry £180 the pair £10 per inch per spacer. plus you would need +8 shocks and longer brake hoses.and i wouldnt recomend it though.
        Why would you not recomend it worked ok on this one.
        Attached Files
        monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Short wide length?

You mean 'thick sheet'?

are you trying to say theres some thick sheets on here?

Comment

Im with Stein on that one! (nearly called you vatch mate! )

the biggest problem with that is you would need relocation brackets for the trail arms that connect the axle on, hanging 8" down would not only be expensive but it would probably be very weak without a lot of reinforcing.

Its possible, Anything is possible, just might not be a great idea!!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              Short wide length?

You mean 'thick sheet'?
              Fool, I need 3"-4" or so dia alloy bar, (as in wide!) but only 6" or so long, (as in short!) but don't want to buy it by the lots of meter lenghts as its expensive.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

More than 4" of lift pulls the axle forward because the radius arms are quite short. The axle will be under the rear doors with to much lift, and it'll want to wrap itself further under the car under heavy load. Not a good set up.

Have a look at a proper 4" suspension lift like on our truck, the front mounts of the raduis arm are dropped 4" so the radius arm kept the correct geometry with the +4" rear coils.

Lower radius arm front mounts....

Upper arm rear mounts.....

Comment

i cant quite see what they have done there,to me that looks like an elongated bump stop not a sus lift.and what vehicle is that,coz surfs have got a locating turret on top of the spring,all that has is a cup.??
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

i cant quite see what they have done there,to me that looks like an elongated bump stop not a sus lift.and what vehicle is that,coz surfs have got a locating turret on top of the spring,all that has is a cup.??
                    Looks like a 3rd Gen to me, (or a Colorado)

Comment

Will 2" if lift change the geomety at all? (In a forwards to backwards sense, as opposed to panard bar angle and associated changes)??
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                        Will 2" if lift change the geomety at all? (In a forwards to backwards sense, as opposed to panard bar angle and associated changes)??
                        yes, but not enough to worry about, + as the suspension is compressed it will sit back to where it was, the problem with going OTT as far as i can tell is that as the angles on the radius arms increase the rear axle will basically try to drive itself under the truck when you pull away rather than pushing the truck forward.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                          More than 4" of lift pulls the axle forward because the radius arms are quite short. The axle will be under the rear doors with to much lift, and it'll want to wrap itself further under the car under heavy load. Not a good set up.

Have a look at a proper 4" suspension lift like on our truck, the front mounts of the raduis arm are dropped 4" so the radius arm kept the correct geometry with the +4" rear coils.

Lower radius arm front mounts....

Upper arm rear mounts.....

Thats the exact same kit that I have Tony. Its a pro comp + 4" yes? I have every piece except the rear springs. What I need to know is how much lift do I need on the rear to match the front. Which has hd torsion bars and 1 1/2" bj spacers when I fit the pro comp lift. It looks like this.
                          Attached Files
                          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

I guess that moves the arms away from the fuel tank seam as well? Those parts look eminently suitable for 'Stein to produce...
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Thats the exact same kit that I have Tony. Its a pro comp + 4" yes? I have every piece except the rear springs. What I need to know is how much lift do I need on the rear to match the front. Which has hd torsion bars and 1 1/2" bj spacers when I fit the pro comp lift. It looks like this.
                              Almost, ours is a Superlift Kit, but they all work the same way.

I'd get +4" procomp rear coils, you'll won't get bigger coils easily. If you still need more lift, you can put spring spacers on there.

The Superlift kit leaves you a slightly lower rear anyway, but It don't bother me cos it flexes superbly, and 33's still fit. The Procomp springs are a little taller but stiffer.

I fitted a set of 1" coil spacers to Bash's truck on top of his +4" superlift coils and it looked great.

Comment

Working...
                              X