No announcement yet.

advice over modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know ian............its so tiring listening to ALL those voices in my head
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
      Some good a/t tyres and sort out the saggy arse....
      cheers for the info guys i didnt' know that the back end of the surf was sagging.
      i had better sort it out.
      is that i should just put a set of springs all round??
      what sort of springs recommended? normal height or slightly higher?

Comment

You aint got coil springs at the front.

Just a pair of springs at the back, which will raise the back slightly, then level it out by adding a few turns on the torsion bar adjusters - not too much though as it ruins the ride quality if you go too far.

To be honest, I wouldn't put mud tyres on it for 90% road use. A decent set of ATs from BFG or Cooper or such like will see you good to go most places you'll ever need to go.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Just a pair of springs at the back, which will raise the back slightly, then level it out by adding a few turns on the torsion bar adjusters - not too much though as it ruins the ride quality if you go too far.

To be honest, I wouldn't put mud tyres on it for 90% road use. A decent set of ATs from BFG or Cooper or such like will see you good to go most places you'll ever need to go.

ah right my mistake again with that. i think i better start saving for someone to do the torison bars as i am going to be no use with that, having enough trouble trying to rebuild a beam at the moment from a french motor let alone do a hilux set.

any local recomendations??

Comment

well i say now there won't be much off road use but that all depends on how much fun i have when i get the chance to have a go!!
            got a off road course at work to go on and learn some skills with a offroader!!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

As Andy says the blue one in the below vids is mine, 33" muds and was followed almost every where by my bother in the grey one. Which runs 31" ATs and I doubt your truck will ever see terrain like the vids on a greenlane.
              14 run at the hill is a good example
              ATs will be a better choice for your stated purpose.
              Welcome and enjoy the surf.

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...202008%20vids/
              Last edited by yoshie; 21 March 2008, 23:22.
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                [/COLOR]

As Andy says the blue one in the below vids is mine, 33" muds and was followed almost every where by my bother in the grey one. Which runs 31" ATs and I doubt your truck will ever see terrain like the vids on a greenlane.
                14 run at the hill is a good example
                ATs will be a better choice for your stated purpose.
                Welcome and enjoy the surf.

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...202008%20vids/
                i think i shall stick with at's any good reccomendations?

Comment

Originally posted by averyaaron1979 View Post
                  bfg

Comment

Well I used to and my brother still runs general graber they are great value and work great on and off road {only £70approx for 31".} If want the best I would say bfg. I reluctantly {because of price} bought bfg muds recently but so glad I did they are a fantastic tyre. So I would expect the AT bfgs to be a great tyre also
                    Brian

Comment

cheers for the assistance with that i shall be ordering a set of springs from milners asap and get that rear end sorted and will be investing in some decent rubber.

any other ideas with what i should be looking at?

Comment

cheers for the assistance with that i shall be ordering a set of springs from milners asap and get that rear end sorted and will be investing in some decent rubber.

Yep,

Buy another fog lamp, that one will not last long when offroading
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                          Yep,

Buy another fog lamp, that one will not last long when offroading

Comment

most women like the strawberry flavour
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hmmnn, I would....

put a 2" suspension lift on with pro comp ES9000's

Then a set of 265/75/16 BFG AT's

maybe a set of wheel spacers - fill the arches out an give you a better 'stance' on the road.

As trev said - move the fog light!

an then invest in some proper recovery points and some basic recovery gear.

ohh.... get some nice big spotlights on that A bar!

then if it floats your boat (which it does mine) Id then get some roof bars and fit a 'luggage tray' as it will probably be called, unless you go for the sweet as fluck one from direct4x4.com that Apache has!

mount some lights on that an bam!! One sweet offroader that can handle ze mud!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X