advice over modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice over modifications

looking for some advice for what modifications to do to my gen 2 3ltr surf that i have purchased.

the truck will be used primarily for road use and will have some offroad use but how much i don't know.
    the reason i say that is that i am going to join ( hopefully ) SARA (severn area rescue association ) and the hilux will be used for me to get around for this sort of thing. though i have no idea if that will be land searching or the water based team.

firstly i need to sort out getting some decent tyres for the truck.
    i have 16" alloys already and i think i shall stick with them unless i can get some others like them...
    anyone know which alloys they are so i can get a spare?
    i was thinking of putting khumo mt 265/75/16's on there from roughtrax i think.

i am trying to think of what mods to carry out that will be useful and not make it a pain for normal road use.

i am looking for driving lights for the front and a set of fogs too.

i have already lined up the fact that i wanted to get a light bar and fit a set of lights to that.

i have already looked into a intercooler of some form and though i would like to upgrade to this i am loathed to butcher the bonnet for a grill so i have looked into the idea of a chargecooler from an early spec legacy which are reasonable in size and use and quite compact.
    all i need to do is work out if i can fit it in between the rad and the viscous fan as it should get constant cooling from this even when sat still. well thats the idea until i get told wrong.

i have also looked at the uprated light loom from rockcrawler and will no doubt get one of these soon and upgrade the bulbs too.
    but is there any benefit in using the crystal headlight and side lights with this?

any other ideas would be good..
    open to all suggestions.

Comment

Some good a/t tyres and sort out the saggy arse....
      Last edited by BioHazard; 21 March 2008, 21:22.
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

get the arse off the ground and get some decent rubber.thats about 99% of your offroad ability catered for

and roughtrax are excellent but you have to add vat to the price.

try www.camskill.co.uk
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I just said that graham .....

use milners uprated springs......only about £50 +p&p (last time i looked)and that will sort the SAS

Any other spares as gwh says (roughtrax) or toyota

Comment

sorry.......

just beat me to it
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              sorry.......

just beat me to it
              Thats ok O poomaster

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
                Thats ok O poomaster
                thats quite alright old chap !!!

btw woild be up for a quick "across the plains" on the tech weekend

why not get it to look like this aaron

Last edited by gwh200; 21 March 2008, 21:34.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

well if we have time.....BTW i think that might be too much for mainly road use
                  Last edited by BioHazard; 21 March 2008, 21:53.

Comment

nah....go on...you know you want to !!
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

What soak the inside of your truck again .........Like xmas puddlebombing

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazzard View Post
                        What soak the inside of your truck again .........Like xmas puddlebombing
                        yes,absolutely,

just make sure you have a surfenstein in the passenger seat !!
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                          yes,absolutely,

just make sure you have a surfenstein in the passenger seat !!

and laughing like a pair of loonies

Comment

oh yes matey,,laughinglike absolute loopers we were !!!
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Then we will need lots of rain all week and a dry sat and sunday then

Madness is personal

Comment

Working...
                              X