Speed bell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chillest
    Just wanted to point out a difference between these descriptions (i'm assuming 2nd gen. hiluxs) and the process for removing the bell from a 1st gen Hilux.

exellent, so happy now its gone, anyone knows how to fix the cruise control to go over 110km/hr?

Comment

Pictures of the Bell

Hi, I thought that some pictures of the actual bell might be appreciated. I don't know if you can just pull the wires from it, but it sure as hell would have been easier than taking off all the guages. This device is screwed right to the back of the cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad Schm
        Hi, I thought that some pictures of the actual bell might be appreciated. I don't know if you can just pull the wires from it, but it sure as hell would have been easier than taking off all the guages. This device is screwed right to the back of the cluster.
        Is it actually a bell?! Hehe!

I'm pretty sure if you just snip one or both of the wires that will shut it up.

Is it cold in Canada yet Conrad? I have a friend in Quebec, and haven't heard from her in a while. Perhaps her computer is frozen up.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          Is it actually a bell?! Hehe!

I'm pretty sure if you just snip one or both of the wires that will shut it up.

Is it cold in Canada yet Conrad? I have a friend in Quebec, and haven't heard from her in a while. Perhaps her computer is frozen up.
          Yes, it's an actual bell. If you wiggle it, it goes ding ding ding. Fcuking thing. I think it's always cold in Canada (in the winter) isn't it. It's hardly toastie here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
            Yes, it's an actual bell. If you wiggle it, it goes ding ding ding. Fcuking thing. I think it's always cold in Canada (in the winter) isn't it. It's hardly toastie here.
            ????????????? Those are all spare ones for you for later. This ones a freebie:

'Canada (in the winter) isn't it?'

Blo0dy 'O'.

Comment

I don’t have one of those bells…..

But it seems a lot of bother to get at just for an extra 5 mph.
              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by bigfoot99
                First Post

these motors seem to creep away from you , before you know it 90mph.

Simon

90 hahahahahahahahahahaha i love it, laugh so hard i was a little bit sick!

TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                  90 hahahahahahahahahahaha i love it, laugh so hard i was a little bit sick!
                  Of course in a 3rd Gen the bell does'nt go off until you hit a ton! Ior when your hair's dry!!!
                  Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                    ????????????? Those are all spare ones for you for later. This ones a freebie:

'Canada (in the winter) isn't it?'

Blo0dy 'O'.
                    It was a statement Matt, not a question. There would have been a comma before 'isn't' had it been a question. Honest.......

It's just a higher level of English that you don't get.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                      It was a statement Matt, not a question. There would have been a comma before 'isn't' had it been a question. Honest.......

It's just a higher level of English that you don't get.
                      You cannot precede a statement of fact by the words 'I think'. I'll allow
                      it may have been an open ended statement, but it was still an uncertain
                      statement with an allowance for correction if needs be, hence the requirement
                      to include the question mark.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                        You cannot precede a statement of fact by the words 'I think'. I'll allow
                        it may have been an open ended statement, but it was still an uncertain
                        statement with an allowance for correction if needs be, hence the requirement
                        to include the question mark.
                        Oh contaire!....I think you're a pedant!

Comment

Jeez!! you lot are 'at it' in this thread too!!

Comment

Gor Blimey...give a 3rd gen owner an education and...............
                            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker
                              Oh contaire!....I think you're a pedant!

I think you dropped this mate! r

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                                I think you dropped this mate! r
                                Are you taking over from Matt?

Comment

Working...
                                X