No announcement yet.

Hydraulics or ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to steer the thread away from the abuse, after the 2 numpties stole it away from it's original topic...but anyway, i've tried 4 times now to post a new thread in the general section and it won't have it.

sodding annoying.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
      sorry to steer the thread away from the abuse, after the 2 numpties stole it away from it's original topic..
      Mr Innocent strikes again, eh G.B?

Comment

whatyatalkin'bout willis?

Comment

whatyatalkin'bout willis?

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            i'm looking for advice on how to do the following, i need to make a side step for the passenger side so my mrs can get in and out easier, she's finding it increaseingly difficult and i know the next thing will be "you'll have to get rid of the surf and get something i can get in" so to avoid this i was thinking about an extended hinged step thats possibly opperated by a simple up and down buttons on a hand held unit, first thing that came to mind was an hydraulic method but if anyone has another idea i'd be glad to hear, obvisiouly as cheap as poss, forgive the "drawings" but it should give ya some idea of what i had in mind, it's a cross section looking forward from astern of the pass door, would it be powerfull enough to lift a person (but not fire her over the top of the truck) what would i need and where's the best place to look for prices/parts etc, i thought possibly two rams spaced evenly along the step which has to be slightly shorter than the door, any help/advice apprecieated, ta, ian
            Ian, if you're going down the hydraulics route it can work out very expensive with all the parts involved. Pneumatic might be a better bet but you will still be looking at a couple of hundred magic beans.
            If you can get a compressor on the cheap(someone on here got one for about £30-£40 new)a pneumatic cylinder/ram will be your biggest expense:
            http://www.pneu-store.co.uk/acatalog/RQ.html
            http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post

Logey's been probed Logey's been probed
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
                a pneumatic cylinder/ram will be your biggest expense:
                They ain't cheap are they. Just on a slight sidenote if you do decide to try the pneumatic approach Ian, there was one of the chaps over this way who scrapped some industrial kit which had pneumatic rams. I could nip round to see if he has any left knocking about if you decide to give it a try. He may have got rid by now, but I can always check just on the off chance.

Comment

so thats what that is. you're not funny...

Comment

HA HA .........you funny
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie View Post
                      Logey's been probed Logey's been probed

Comment

BTW you 2 turd balls, you've managed to hi-jack 2 threads tonight for abusive puposes now. don't think people appreciate that much.

i, however, find it amusing!

Comment

Cheer's Ant/Matt! they aint cheap are they, long as it's not out of your way matt, i was thinking of s c r a p yards for commersial vehicles, summat like that,

and WTF's going on with this site, it's taking ages to load, reply, etc and some times it wont load at all, it aint my pc as all other stuff is quick,
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

It's the wind
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                              Cheer's Ant/Matt! they aint cheap are they, long as it's not out of your way matt, i was thinking of s c r a p yards for commersial vehicles, summat like that
                              No probs Ian. I'll bob round over the next day or two and see. If he's nowt in at the moment, I'll ask him to keep his eyes peeled. He has a knack for acquiring awkward to get hold of stuff.

Comment

He has a knack for acquiring awkward to get hold of stuff.

what, like eels?

Comment

Working...
                                X