No announcement yet.

@Antshiel again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of progress, i have the f/v running channel auto search but it's comeing up no signal, thought it may be due to being in the garage but it's doing the same outside, i've added a couple of pics to show the different aeriel plugs and the rca plugs i've connected to, (think these are ok now) just seems to be aeriel prob,
    camer's working on auto now, comes on when ya hit reverse, blue wire to rev lights and it overrides all programs (about the only bl00dy thing i have got working)
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

All looks good to me but the freeview audio (6 & 7in the pic)should both be aux in, red and white not aux in and aux out. That shouldn't make a difference to the picture though.

As for the aerial there should be a RF ant for the radio and RF ant for the tv on the back of the head unit. The radio (FM) out should be plugged into the car aerial and the tv ant should go to the f/v box and the rf out on the f/v box should be connected to the digital aerial.

By the sound of things you have a 3.5mm jack for your tv input.
      In which case you need one of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-5mm-Jack-Plu...QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry about the call earlier but i was at my folks and been slurping a bottle of span ish red.

PS. if you have a pic of the back connections on the head unit, put it up and i'll cyber wire it for you.
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

looking at your pic, I think this is the head unit you have:

If so the connections you have made are correct. As for the bad reception , you might have the + & - the wrong way round on your soldered connection to the aerial. Get a 3.5mm to coax adaptor from the above link and that way you can't go wrong. Don't forget your new aerial is an amplified digital aerial and they are fussy little bu66ers if you get it wrong. Mine has coax in/out same as standard tv ones so no problem with standard leads or digital aerials.
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Cheer's Ant, yup thats the one and my mistake they are both "aux in" i'm going to check out maplins and see if they do or can do a short adapted lead or the bits to make one, or that adaptor jack you linked, only concern there is the space behind the unit when it's bolted in, there aint any
          as for joining the aeriel leads i soldered the center wires together heatshrinked over that and then soldered the fine outer wire together, this leads got to be the problem all other stuff is working, it just cant find chanels/signal, anyhow mate thanks for your help and i'll let you know when/if i sort it, all this might come in handy for scorpion (jim) if he ever fits a f/v box although after reading this it'll probably put him off, i even toy'd with just useing this head for dvd,mp3 and rev cam, and refitting my old sterio player and f##k the telly

cheer's mate,
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
          X