@Antshiel again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Antshiel again

Hi mate, sorry to bother ya again but the more i look at all these wires the worse it gets, can you help me out with the aeriel set up? the digital aeriel arrived the other day and i fitted (stuck with the double sided tape) to the front screen at the top behind the rear view mirror, and am connecting the +&- to the head units acc + and - is this OK? now the F/V arrived and it's got a mag mount rubber duck type aeriel, did you use this one and if so where did you fit it, on the roof or inside? or does the digital aeriel fit into the F/V box and do i then need an areiel lead to go from the "ant" out to the head unit "ant" in (like an indoors set up)

PS posted it on here as opposed to a PM in case anyone else knows,
    Cheer's ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

f/v?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
      f/v?
      FreeView

Comment

i would try the digital aerial,besides if u dont get a picture u know its wrong lol

Comment

Yeah aggree but do i plug it in the f/v and then link to the head? a linking coax aint supply'd so i'd have to buy one or make one up, thought i'd check before i start faffin about

Comment

Ian, you dont need the f/v aerial mast at all. Just plug the digital one onto the f/v box and run a standard coax in/out from the box to the head unit, thats it. the mast that comes with the box isn't amplified so isn't used.

The way you've wired the aerial is fine as it will only come on when the head unit is switched on and not on when unit is off. That's you doing your bit for the eco warriors.
            http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Cheer's mate, thought that was the was but was'nt sure, just like the indoors set up then, i'll try not to bother ya again (but cant garantee that)

Comment

Bother me any time you like dude.

Comment

Thanks Ant,
                  Progress so far is i got it all connected and could'nt get it to sort out tv stations and only radio 2 and by 3ish had a gut full and f##ked off indoors the day was made worse when breakdowntruck called in to pick up his light bar and gave me a ride round the estate in his land cruiser turbo'd 3lt, christ dont it go, he was fish tailing it up our roads, really has got some power, felt like kicking mine, nice bloke, awesome sound system too in it,
                  anyway looking back at your posts i think i got the f/v jacks in the wrong head unit ones, V1 & V2, should be in aux plugs, so i'll try that tomorrow,found out what the blue wire marked "back" is tho i think, connected it to pos and the back camera came on, good pic too, so if i connect it to rev light it should give me rear view when i hit rev,(i hope)
                  i'll have another go tomorrow, i always have trouble with $hit like this, always had to get the book out to change the time on vcr's it's the instructions that let these chinese made things down, they really need to be dummy friendly for me

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                    Thanks Ant,
                    Progress so far is i got it all connected and could'nt get it to sort out tv stations and only radio 2 and by 3ish had a gut full and f##ked off indoors the day was made worse when breakdowntruck called in to pick up his light bar and gave me a ride round the estate in his land cruiser turbo'd 3lt, christ dont it go, he was fish tailing it up our roads, really has got some power, felt like kicking mine, nice bloke, awesome sound system too in it,
                    anyway looking back at your posts i think i got the f/v jacks in the wrong head unit ones, V1 & V2, should be in aux plugs, so i'll try that tomorrow,found out what the blue wire marked "back" is tho i think, connected it to pos and the back camera came on, good pic too, so if i connect it to rev light it should give me rear view when i hit rev,(i hope)
                    i'll have another go tomorrow, i always have trouble with $hit like this, always had to get the book out to change the time on vcr's it's the instructions that let these chinese made things down, they really need to be dummy friendly for me
                    lol ty,if u wanna be hip/down with the kids lol,its now called drifting!! lolol,glad u liked,and yrs is awesome mate

Comment

Thought that was to do with snow but yes i must get down wiit nawwahmeen

Comment

Thanks Ant,
                        Call me tomorrow Ian and i'll run you through it.
                        I'm offroading but if i don't answer i'll call you back.

Oh and yes, all the freeview plugs must go into the Aux rca jacks. When you want f/v on just hit Aux on the screen.
                        Last edited by Antshiel; 23 February 2008, 22:54.

Comment

Thought that was to do with snow but yes i must get down wiit nawwahmeen
                          izzzzz it lol,"kent massive" pmsl

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
                            Call me tomorrow Ian and i'll run you through it.
                            I'm offroading but if i don't answer i'll call you back.

Oh and yes, all the freeview plugs must go into the Aux rca jacks. When you want f/v on just hit Aux on the screen.

Thanks Ant, see how i get on today with it, just had a gut full yesterday and give up, few beers, curry and a good kip and ready for round two

forgot to mension, i had a bit of a prob with connecting coax lead between the f/v and head, they have different jacks, f/v has normal coax male out and head has a jack type plug, so i cut two bits off the spare aeriels and soldered em together (well insulated) awkward buggers aint they, is there an adaptor lead available?

Comment

Thanks Ant, see how i get on today with it, just had a gut full yesterday and give up, few beers, curry and a good kip and ready for round two

forgot to mension, i had a bit of a prob with connecting coax lead between the f/v and head, they have different jacks, f/v has normal coax male out and head has a jack type plug, so i cut two bits off the spare aeriels and soldered em together (well insulated) awkward buggers aint they, is there an adaptor lead available?
                              Yes mate it's a coax in/out.

Comment

Working...
                              X