Let Peace Return To The Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
    If you want my opinion, which I doubt, the 'correct' thing to do is argue your corner as forcefully (but not abusively) as you want, be prepared to be argued back at and, most importantly, don't carry some stupid grudge just because someone disagredd with you. If people take everything I post personally I expect to be shot within a year.
    And don't forget to read what everyone else has written, just in case they say something important!!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
      And don't forget to read what everyone else has written, just in case they say something important!!
      I doubt that very much.

Comment

If you want my opinion, which I doubt, the 'correct' thing to do is argue your corner as forcefully (but not abusively) as you want, be prepared to be argued back at and, most importantly, don't carry some stupid grudge just because someone disagredd with you. If people take everything I post personally I expect to be shot within a year.
        You think you'd last that long?
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

I'm not posting on this, aint getting drawn in,

bugga
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Go on Ian!

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT. (Remember that chant from the school playground when you were a kid?)

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              I'm not posting on this, aint getting drawn in,

bugga
              Is that because you like Val Doonican?

Comment

Is that because you like Val Doonican?
                Nelson Eddy and Jeanette McDonald!!! they dont make em like that anymore

Jim, they used to yell BUNDLE at ours
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Edith Piaff ?
                  Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    Its about freedom of speech and opinion.

If you come along extolling the virues of Amy Whine face, should I be duty bound to agree, or keep my mouth shut incase you are offended? I think not.

If someone says something I disagree with, I will say so.

However, I wont say something like "You are stupid cos you keep your truck clean" cos thats offensive (and also untrue) - there's the difference between opinion and insult.
                    I dont find it uncomfortable when people voice opinions, thats life. No one is attacking anyone else, just voicing opinion, chill mate

Re. the tech thread, its not out of control, it's just wandered as these things are wont to do. Koi voiced reasonable concerns, and there've been some reasonable suggestions. You need to weed out the cr@p to find the good stuff - much like a conversation in a pub - which forums are always compared to.

Have a happy day mate, and enjoy your Sunday drive
                    Sorry mate thats a fact! you got confused there but I will help you out.
                    Brian

Comment

people disagree and voice their diagreement and get nasty sometimes because it IS A FORUM ON THE INTERNET!!!!! most people wouldn't come out with half the cr@p they come out with online at a pub because they'd get a kicking!

you can say what you want to who you want and if it upsets them...so?

1. why are people so soft as to get genuinely offended at what someone else writes on a forum?
                      2. people need to argue - its a safe way to release tension in a stressful life, and doing it online is better than venting your anger at people in person when hospital and prison stays can be the result.
                      3. arguments are funny for those not involved and just reading them! if people do get way out of line then the plug is usually pulled.
                      4. any argument involving mattF is always funny. abuse this person as much as you can...he thoroughly deserves it!
                      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
                        people disagree and voice their diagreement and get nasty sometimes because it IS A FORUM ON THE INTERNET!!!!! most people wouldn't come out with half the cr@p they come out with online at a pub because they'd get a kicking!

you can say what you want to who you want and if it upsets them...so?

1. why are people so soft as to get genuinely offended at what someone else writes on a forum?
                        2. people need to argue - its a safe way to release tension in a stressful life, and doing it online is better than venting your anger at people in person when hospital and prison stays can be the result.
                        3. arguments are funny for those not involved and just reading them! if people do get way out of line then the plug is usually pulled.
                        4. any argument involving mattF is always funny. abuse this person as much as you can...he thoroughly deserves it!

Oi beanpole....................

you flaming wind up merchant
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
                          Tart.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                            Tart.
                            Scary! You don't disagree.
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

I might --- but the again I might not If I did would it bother anybody else and more to the point would I worry about it???
                              I might--- but then again I might not

Life is just to dam short to worry about things that dont matter.
                              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                                I need some slight excuse for being argumentative and cantankerous. And how can one ever take GB seriously?
                                Last edited by MattF; 22 February 2008, 16:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X