yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would i need to have in the piggy bank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    give anton at oec a call 01626 356555

he deals with tjm stuff(based in devon somewhere i believe)

i would deffo look out on ebay for a bumper,rod got his for (i think im right here) a quid,i got an alloy one for 150 quid,a new steel one is though about 600 quid,an alloy one is nearly a grand !!

la supertrux were making a pattern one,but dont know how far they got with it,and cant remeber how much
    you dropped these mate 00<-- I paid £100, I think bunkle was the lucky s!d that paid £1!!

All bargains!

you fitted yours mate?

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
      winch - Nero should know! hes a legend with links to random off road sites no one knows!
      oi what you implying?

btw http://www.ryderswinch.co.uk offers are supposed to change monthly but don't, sometimes they have good deals on for a couple of months though

and if you go 2nd hand you won't go wrong with an old ramsey winch. theres one for sale on the AWDC website at the moment but it's only an 8000lb one

I've also noticed they pop up every now and then on some of the military surplus websites at half decent prices.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Isn't TonyN carrying on with the supply of TJM stuff while he sorts the house and planning stuff, just not doing the garage work side of it?
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
          oi what you implying?

Just that you know your off road gear based sites

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            Where you going that needs a winch?
            Its more a would like to have item.
            Buy a kenetic rope as good as a winch in most circumstances
            until it snaps

Comment

Anybody used these?
              http://www.comeupwinch.com/en/index.php
              If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
                lot of landy owners use them dont know if that a + or - though
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                  you dropped these mate 00<-- I paid £100, I think bunkle was the lucky s!d that paid £1!!

All bargains!

you fitted yours mate?
                  not yet !!

still waiting for the winch plate to arrive,its somewhere between australia and here
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Come-up have a decent reputation in other parts of the world (USA & OZ)from what i can gather, they seem to be a fairly major player in the hydraulic winch markets in the states but also in europe too. Based on their reputation elsewhere they maybe are under-rated here, or it could be something whereby they aren't great with water for example - which they may experience more of here than in other areas. That last comment is being totally flippant all i'm doing is offering a possible reason as to why they don't have the reputation here they seem to have in other countries.

www.electricwinches.co.uk supply come-up among other brands.

TJM seem to have a growing reputation at the moment, not just on here but in the offroad scene in general, TJM-OX range of winches could be worth a look.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

I am thinking of doing something similar to this:

http://www.watling-towbars.co.uk/4x4_winches.html

It would save having to buy a winch bumper and if fitted front and rear would be more flexible plus lighter as can be taken off when not needed.

The few quid saved from winch bumper can then go toward bigger winch!

Is there any problems with this setup? and has anybody got a similar setup ?
                      If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

seen something similair on a wrangler jeep,and it seemed to work well
                        Last edited by gwh200; 9 February 2008, 21:16.
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

"When the winch is needed, you firstly insert the detachable front towbar section. "

If you can find it in the 2 foot of mud trench you happen to be stuck in and hoping to winch yourself free from
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            "When the winch is needed, you firstly insert the detachable front towbar section. "

If you can find it in the 2 foot of mud trench you happen to be stuck in and hoping to winch yourself free from
                            yep dont think these things will be any good in proper mud , supertrux aint charging a fotune for a proper winch bumper
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I see several problems, main one is max pull capacity.

Standard 50mm towball is rated to just 1500kg or 3300lb, you're fitting a winch for self recovery to it that will be rated at a minimum 9000lb (4090kg).

You could use an uprated towball but the highest capacity one you will find will be 3500kg. You also have to factor for the leverage the winch has on it and the potential to pull at an angle.

If it has to be removable it'll need custom fabrication with something reciever hitch style on each chassis leg and a winch plate that slots in to both. There are ways of making a strong enough detachable winch mounting, but i've never seen an off the shelf kit i would trust to do it. If it's for occasional use and you don't wanna fit a full winch bumper a Tirfor hand winch may be the cheaper option.
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

I am thinking of doing something similar to this:

http://www.watling-towbars.co.uk/4x4_winches.html

It would save having to buy a winch bumper and if fitted front and rear would be more flexible plus lighter as can be taken off when not needed.

The few quid saved from winch bumper can then go toward bigger winch!

Is there any problems with this setup? and has anybody got a similar setup ?

Looks a totally naff idea to me!!

Comment

Working...
                                X