No announcement yet.

Any heating engineers about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'fraid i can't help with your question but as an aside, how long would the knowledgeable members of the forum say it should take to remove a hot air heating system and replace it with rads in a small two bed house? i only ask as the guys doing this to a house opposite ours have been working for 11 days straight so far and there isn't even any sign of the boiler through the hole they've cut in the wall for the exhaust!

it took about two days for another company to do the same job in our identical house including changing us to a "pressurized hot water" system.
    Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Originally posted by openback View Post
      'fraid i can't help with your question but as an aside, how long would the knowledgeable members of the forum say it should take to remove a hot air heating system and replace it with rads in a small two bed house? i only ask as the guys doing this to a house opposite ours have been working for 11 days straight so far and there isn't even any sign of the boiler through the hole they've cut in the wall for the exhaust!

it took about two days for another company to do the same job in our identical house including changing us to a "pressurized hot water" system.
      11 Days! I wonder if there on a day rate? on a small 2 bed house providing there is nothing specific that needs to be got around then 2 to 3 days would be about right. That would allow the de-commission of old system, install new system, and commission. Depending on how much bricking up and making good needs doing it normally takes about 5 man days (2 plumbers on first and second day and one possible on third day to finish commissioning and inspection / checks show customer how it works etc. Sometimes it can take longer if there are other things that need to be done or they might be having new bathrooms fitted as well.
      If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Working...
      X