Any other anglers on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other anglers on here?

I love a bit of fishing but sadly don't seem to get much time for it now.

I mostly coarse fish (but not really for carp) but also fly fish very occasionally and was a keen Beach angler untill the fish stocks ran out.

I've also been lucky enough to have a go at tropical sport fishing in Africa

River fishing for Chub has to be one of my favourites though, any other anglers on here?

cheers

Chris
    Signature stolen along with Surf...

Hi Chris,

I do coarse fishing, mainly rivers - the Avon and the Stour. Occasionly I will fish the lakes, but not really for Carp, but I never match fish or sea fish,

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

i sea fish although it off the harbour wall or beach i love it would love my own boat one day just to go out a little way in the bay, i normally fish for squid off the harbour

Comment

I do like a bit of beach fishing, and whenever I can I go up to the highlands and rent a boat for loch-fishing.
        Don't get to do so much of it these days, with work and Becci not liking fish...

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
          i sea fish although it off the harbour wall or beach i love it would love my own boat one day just to go out a little way in the bay, i normally fish for squid off the harbour
          You certainly have got some nice harbours and bays to fish down there - off to Polperro in a few weeks myself,

Cheers, Nick

Comment

I fly fish and sea fish. Had my first salmon on the fly last year! At least fly fishing, for trout anyway, is still affordable up here!

Dave

Comment

i do the odd bit of fishing mainly rivers but i will try anything out
              i like to go out of the way when i fish
              not in to the fishing has much its the peace and quiet
              a solmon was pulled out the river don last year (now its cleaner)
              it was a real mess 10 years ago most fish died out now the river don is realy worth fishing again
              and yes i fish from my truck
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

i have not fished for years. i used to go ALL weathers, even to the extent of cutting a hole in the ice and fishing through it like an eskimo. nowadays i just take a bit of gear when i go on holiday. i used to fish the canal near sheffield, it was heaving with fish until some plonkers opened both lock gates and let the water out withh all the fish with it. i have fished the river don too but never had much luck.

I hope to go big game fishing when i go to thailand in april.

pete
                Now surfing in the sun

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
                  You certainly have got some nice harbours and bays to fish down there - off to Polperro in a few weeks myself,

Cheers, Nick
                  let us know when m8 n perhaps we can meet up for some fishing n get stormy n beast out greenlaning n oh yeah make sure you got a cam as the views are good m8

Comment

hello all,
                    i do my fair share of salmon,sea-trout fishing on the river ribble up here in lancs,had two good salmon last season,not many sea-trout,hope to do better this season,

Comment

fly fishing fly fishing nothing but fly fishing O and maybe some fly fishing
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                        what sought of flys do you catch then?
                        JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post

i keep saying i an going to try fly fishing but never got round to it
                          may be this year it look my type of thing
                          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
                            let us know when m8 n perhaps we can meet up for some fishing n get stormy n beast out greenlaning n oh yeah make sure you got a cam as the views are good m8
                            Will do matey Spent many years working down in the west country with my old company, especially in Cornwall - Porthcurno, Sennan Cove and Bude - and agree the views along the coast are fantastic!! Oh how I miss those days

Cheers, Nick

Comment

So does that mean a trip to Sprotborough falls for a spot of fly fishin then Jud ? You can park between the canal and river ,best of both worlds !
                              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Working...
                              X