es9000 snapped - help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• es9000 snapped - help?

I fitted es9000 shocks (+2") with milners 20% springs and 2" spacers last year. Then last night whilst driving home from work, I noticed my truck was seemed a bit bouncy at the rear. I had a look around once home and found the top of my nearside rear shocker had sheared off!!!!
    I have confirmed with explorer that the shock they sold were the +2" type.
    I took a couple of measurements this moring and have worked out that the shocker only has 40mm travel from at rest position to fully extended - which is possibly why top end has sheared off. I have tried to order replacement shocks this morning from explorer - but out of stock - so have ordered a pair of es 9000 +4" - hoping this will give a little extra extended travel.
    anybody had bother with there ends snapping off?? or is it justme as usual.
    incidently - I don't do any serious offroading - and the only work the shockers do is going over speed bumps in my works car park.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Only problem I've had is taking them off - not snapping them in situ - they are quite cheap though, but should last more than a year.....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

If it has only got 40mm travel on it, there's something seriosuly wrong with that shock. If I remember correctly, there should be around a foot or so of travel on the rear shocks?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
        If it has only got 40mm travel on it, there's something seriosuly wrong with that shock. If I remember correctly, there should be around a foot or so of travel on the rear shocks?
        The 40 mm travel i mentioned is measured from normal ride height (vehicle parked on level surface) to fully extended. the rod will travel fully - around 200mm when compressed - off the truck.
        the shock tops out when the axle drops by more than 40mm. If that makes any sense??

Comment

Are you sure they were 2"+ shocks? What is the part number?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
            Are you sure they were 2"+ shocks? What is the part number?
            Part number - 92251 21088

I rang explorer uk today and mr man said this number was for the +2" - but I'm unsure

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
              Part number - 92251 21088

I rang explorer uk today and mr man said this number was for the +2" - but I'm unsure
              Tony should know whether they are or not. That amount of travel, to say you only have 2" spacers on is pathetic, if so. They sound more like standard length shocks.

Comment

i had pro comps+3+extensoin brackets and just trashed them
                ended up with psv ajustable shocks on the rear and procomp+3
                on the front
                must admit they may be a little heavy but the rear can now outflex
                a ninty with a 2 inch suspension lift so i am more than happy
                the only prob on full articulation it trys to rip the rear bumper off

Comment

this is what iy looks like now
                  Attached Files

Comment

I supply 922510's as stock, and 924510 for +2"

Procomp supply 922510's in a 2" lift, but we found you can fit the later and still get full compression with lots of extra room for more flex with the extra length.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

looks like da boss is gunna sort it

Comment

There have been a couple of postings about this make of shock, is there a problem with them as I am going to be replacing mine soon?

Cheers, Nick
                        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

I would look for your receipts . Aren't the procomps supposed to have a lifetime gurantee ?
                          I know Explorer UK replaced the rear shocks on my old Disco . Just had to pay the shipping charge to get a shiny new pair
                          Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts View Post
                            I would look for your receipts . Aren't the procomps supposed to have a lifetime gurantee ?
                            I know Explorer UK replaced the rear shocks on my old Disco . Just had to pay the shipping charge to get a shiny new pair
                            Nah, but they have resonabely good customer service, and generally replace things, especially if its under a year old, but mostly cos they are used to sending the wrong thing originally.

We got a nice letter the other day saying thanks for support last year, but regrettably prices have to rise this due to suppliers increasing prices , that they've held prices for years... blaaa....blaa.....

Actually, its word for word the same letter we had last year!! except the price hike is bigger.
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'm gonna get some toothpaste dispensers and fill them with lime jelly. Cheaper, and last about as long
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X