Q-cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

You're not wrong there - my nephews have three Rover Coupe's between the two of them - one each to drive and one for the track ....... the 220 turbo is good for 150mph and 0-60 in 6.2 s BEFORE any modifications - which ain't at all bad for a Rover - don't half surprise a few boy racers too !

wasnt as good as the old meastro turbo,i had a white one,amazin car for it's time........................ju st fell apart

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
      wasnt as good as the old meastro turbo,i had a white one,amazin car for it's time........................ju st fell apart

I think you'll find that the Maestro turbo was substantially slower than the 220 turbo in standard form - and if I remember correctly the 220 turbo was actually the fastest production car Rover ever produced

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I think you'll find that the Maestro turbo was substantially slower than the 220 turbo in standard form - and if I remember correctly the 220 turbo was actually the fastest production car Rover ever produced

im thinkin back to the era,i couldnt insure ar or rs,and it was amazin compared to them as it was group 13 insrance,the 220 was quick,but parked next to my skyline....................... ....

Comment

Wasn't the Rover 220 Turbo shit though? Worse than a Calibra Turbo (which was equally fast)

Anyway, I specifically stated () q-cars. I didn't ask who had the fastest car once regardless of how bad or gaudy it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
            Wasn't the Rover 220 Turbo shit though? Worse than a Calibra Turbo (which was equally fast)

Anyway, I specifically stated () q-cars. I didn't ask who had the fastest car once regardless of how bad or gaudy it was.

Surely nobody could say that the Rover 220 looked anything but pedestrian ?????

Couldn't say whether they were shit or not since I never owned or drove one - I was just putting it up as a contender for your Q car

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Surely nobody could say that the Rover 220 looked anything but pedestrian ?????

Couldn't say whether they were shit or not since I never owned or drove one - I was just putting it up as a contender for your Q car

Just healthy debate I never said it wasn't allowed.

I don't think a Skyline really counts as a q-car though.......

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                Just healthy debate I never said it wasn't allowed.

I don't think a Skyline really counts as a q-car though.......
                it does!!!!when did u last see a completly standard lookin one???................exactly lol

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
                  it does!!!!when did u last see a completly standard lookin one???................exactly lol
                  In Australia. It looked like this hunk of.......metal:

Comment

lol they actually first made them in seventies,looked similar to mk1 celica,google it,amazing car,i'll never forget mine,and i will have another one when im ready for midlife crisis!

Comment

Ive never had one but the rover 620ti's are quick and very understated. my mate and I are hoping to fit an engine from one to his series IIa!

another mate has a BX 16valve (not a dodgy gti which are rubbish) which is chipped and it sees of RS Turbos etc without any bother
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Nice Q Car

I normally run my Surf SSRX 3 ltr auto and love it.
                        BUT some times at the week and I take out my V70 T5 Volvo Estate which has had a "wee" bit of re-work and was also re-mapped and now is about 340 hp.
                        I leave the DSTC control unit switched on as my wife does not like me to run with it off as it goes mental.
                        When she is not looking I sometimes put it to OFF but a ###### great warning comes up to tell you so you can be prepared.
                        It carries the dogs, goes messages, shifts fridges and furniture AND sees off most of the so called super hot hatches and tears up the tyres but that is what they grow rubber trees for , JOB CREATION.

Mike

Comment

ive seen old rover turbos beat sierra cosworths !
                          i had a bmw 530d remapped to 230bhp - 400nm of torque it would pass wrx's in 4th and 5th gear ! great cars.

Comment

How about a Subaru Forester

200+ HP
                            0-60 around 6 sec
                            I Love Wales

Comment

Jag S type R - looks like an old farts saloon, but a supercharger helps things along no end....
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Anyone remember the old Maestro Turbo?

God knows how that thing came about, but they were mental, and not really in a good way!
                                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                                X