No announcement yet.

to you that hate London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends where you live/go. Quite a lot of it is indeed a shit hole, but there are plenty of those in England. The only difference being that London is the biggest one.

I grew up in the country - no work, nothing to do once playing in the fields was a bit dull, no public transport etc etc

I lived in Reading for a while - full of idiots in shiny shirts fighting

I moved to London - thought it was a shit hole

I moved to Sydney - it was much nicer than London but there's nothing to do at night time (unless you like queuing up to have your shoes inspected by a bouncer or going in a pub full of toothless alcoholics)

I moved back to London - it is much better than it used to be. Much safer, cleaner and better public transport. But if I had kids, no chance at all. I would be straight on the plane back to Sydney. London is about earning the money to set you up for later life and having a bit of a laugh on the way. Anyone who tries to live here long term or with a family is nuts.

Comment

london is a great place to visit,occasionally !!

wpouldnt want to live there though,berlin is an incredible city,there are two of every (major) thing,cathefrals big civic halls etc,and the brandenburg gate is stunning.warsaw is mental,istanbul is the dirtiest,smaelliest,noisiest,w eirdest,most incredible city,couldnt live there , not even for 5 minutes,florence is stunning,but to much street crime,paris,

oh paris....the city of romance and dog sh1t,barcelona,even more street crime than florence, but the sagrada familia is stunning as is the gaudi village,dubrovnik broke my heart,it was so beautiful,and yet so destroyed,buda and pest are cool,but can be dangerous,vienna is just odd

the point is i spose,that all major cities have their good and bad points,and the way some people categorise londoners is oft repeated,across the world.

(oh yes des moines,iowa is really rather nice as well)
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

They made a mistake on the drawings.. the M25 was supposed to be a moat....
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Have you read Good Omens ......A terry pratchett.....

He got it right .......the M25 is a giant satanic rune
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Born in outskirts of London , not far from Wembley . Driven out of London by scum, idiots , a-holes etc. Never want to or will move back !!
            Been back a few times to see family/friends . Could not wait to come home to Emneth . Only been here 9 months and no regrets.
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Was born just outside london. Used to work there.

Moved to Plymouth '89, never regretted a moment.

Go back up occasionally as family still there. It's a dirty, smelly place. Let the illegals live there if they want.

Better still MAKE them all live there.
              My other cars a QUAD
              (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
              http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                Have you read Good Omens ......A terry pratchett.....

He got it right .......the M25 is a giant satanic rune
                and azirophile tried bribery,and finally on a cold wet night,went out and moved the marker pegs a few vital metres ,so as to make the m25 into the shape of an "odegra"....classic
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

London in itself is an interesting place. The problem with London is the fact that the residents believe it, (and they), are the centre of the universe. The really good thing about London is that it keeps all those w@nkers confined there, and keeps them away from the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                    London in itself is an interesting place. The problem with London is the fact that the residents believe it, (and they), are the centre of the universe. The really good thing about London is that it keeps all those w@nkers confined there, and keeps them away from the rest of us.
                    good moaning..
                    i beg your pidden?
                    did you not see me wonking?
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                      and azirophile tried bribery,and finally on a cold wet night,went out and moved the marker pegs a few vital metres ,so as to make the m25 into the shape of an "odegra"....classic
                      It was Crowley , not Aziraphale - Aziraphale was the angel .

I will admit to referring to the M25 as "the odegra"
                      Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Working...
                      X