stone masons (health and safety)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatfires
    That is exactly the point I was making as they (the cemetry management) know that there is likely to be settlement, they should 'top up' the graves and compact the ground, the relatives are not allowed to do so therefore it is the council and their servants who are failing in their duty of care. I would love to see their arguments on that one
    i havnt seen the response in the local rags since this was done but there was an outcry when they started doing it, this was about 2 years ago but i notice the stones are still cordended off and proped up with 3x2 timber, surprised they havnt put signs up stating that the notice signs have sharp edges, lol
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

in our local historical cemetary, no new graves for many years there was settlement so the town council paid out the person that had fallen then roped off the uneven ground and now have put signs up 'stay to the paths' formed paths erected little split log fencing along the new paths......then had 2 or 3 men painting these rough sawn fences with bright green paint that took about a week and looks horrendous and it is now impossible to view most of the graves. H&S? this is not what I was taught
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

job justification me thinks,
        i work with automated gates, these scare the pants off H&S officials.
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

I just re-read the original post.

The cost of repairs is nothing to do with the HSE, they are only interested in the safety of whatever it is (fixes are not their problem), so why was she quoting prices to fix; and where did she get them from? Methinks maybe the local council is looking to spruce up the cemetery for free?
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

sounds like when the pikeys come round to quote for thetree that's about to fall down in the back garden!!...

why were health and safety quoting prices to fix it?...they just need to tell you to get it done...
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach
              I just re-read the original post.

The cost of repairs is nothing to do with the HSE, they are only interested in the safety of whatever it is (fixes are not their problem), so why was she quoting prices to fix; and where did she get them from? Methinks maybe the local council is looking to spruce up the cemetery for free?

sorry i might not have been clear..
              the H&S went round the cemetary slapping stickers on and propping up head stones and sent a letter advising us to contact whoever erected the stone for them to sort it.

i called the company and they quoted some prices. but i argued it was them who put it up not me, and she said she needs to speak to the manager before going any further. so im waiting on this tomorrow
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

thanks for all your advice! this will surely help me shortly

thanks again
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                  . Whatever, I believe the liabillity is between the masons and the local authority as you did not supply or fit the memorial and the ground into or onto is was installed is not under your control.
                  ive just re-read your post and its clear to me the 2nd time round. i must have been tired this morning.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                    ive just re-read your post and its clear to me the 2nd time round. i must have been tired this morning.
                    Actually I did word it badly ...but I think you got the gist
                    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                    Tony

Comment

Working...
                    X