No announcement yet.

To The Tech Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By God, you lot know how to turn a simple question into a drawn out affair.

Yes, he can Rich. Selecting to do a fresh install will wipe any existing O.S off of the machine and install XP. Warranty wise, no-one can refuse a warranty unless any alterations have created the fault which is being claimed for under warranty, and an O.S install cannot cause problems, other than O.S based, of which, those which are O.S based they can refuse to sort. Hardware wise, however, the warranty is untouched and will remain so.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys.I will let him know tomorrow that he should be able to do it without any problems
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
        By God, you lot know how to turn a simple question into a drawn out affair.

Yes, he can Rich. Selecting to do a fresh install will wipe any existing O.S off of the machine and install XP. Warranty wise, no-one can refuse a warranty unless any alterations have created the fault which is being claimed for under warranty, and an O.S install cannot cause problems, other than O.S based, of which, those which are O.S based they can refuse to sort. Hardware wise, however, the warranty is untouched and will remain so.
        thank you matt thats what i wasnt sure about with the warranty, thats why i said about it to make sure first.

Comment

your guy also needs to know that some machines have the restore image on a portion of the boot disk (but normally assigned another disk drive letter). This is used in conjuction with the restore CD....so be aware if he fdisks the machine he may also lose any possibility of an vistsa installation later on
          Gaz

Comment

Windows has nothing to do with the WARRANTY as the software is not part of the warranty. Format hard disk install XP connect to Internet & let windows search for any drivers. JOB DONE!
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
            X