rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window

hi chaps got a problem with my rear window, i comes down on its own ,i can get it to come back up after a while and say 15 to 20 minutes later its back down again ,has anyone got any ideaswhat could be causing this and is it an easy fix cheers.

Originally posted by brian88883
    hi chaps got a problem with my rear window, i comes down on its own ,i can get it to come back up after a while and say 15 to 20 minutes later its back down again ,has anyone got any ideaswhat could be causing this and is it an easy fix cheers.
    Do you need to help it shut from out side somtimes?

Comment

Could be moisture on the key switch in the tailgate causing a short circuit, or the relays are 'acting up' in the module box behind the rear side pannel, next to the left side cubby hole/box.

Comment

If yes to my last question try this

http://forums.bauchan.org/genu/artic....php?news_id=2

Mark

Comment

it wont go back up at the moment and when i turn the key to shut it i here a click but also the button on the inside wont shut it either ,is there any way of closing it manually .

Comment

it wont go back up at the moment and when i turn the key to shut it i here a click but also the button on the inside wont shut it either ,is there any way of closing it manually .
            Can you hear the motor running when you turn the key?

Comment

no just a click but it done this earlier and i managed to get it back up not sure how though just fiddled a bit but its came back down on its own.

Comment

no just a click but it done this earlier and i managed to get it back up not sure how though just fiddled a bit but its came back down on its own.
                Sorry can't help with that as it sounds like what Busshwhacker says

Have you tried spraying the circuts with WD40

Comment

Maybe this will help....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...0&d=1134208703

You can get replacements from Maplins-------JM67X 12V/12A Mini relay

Comment

For £2 a pair,But don't you need a puller to get the relays off the board Vince?
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
                      For £2 a pair,But don't you need a puller to get the relays off the board Vince?

Not reley, just a solder sucker and then just prise them off the board.

Comment

Cheers mate
                        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
                          I've done it. Piece of pi55 (to quote the best Welsh film ever). Cost me about £3 though and an hour of time in total.

Forgot to say; if you need a solder sooker, I've got one.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                          X