aarrrrggh why are things never simple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aarrrrggh why are things never simple

i just spend the last hour or so stripping the dash on the surf to get to the speedo face so i could swap it over to the mph one i have ,
    i took the clocks/dials etc out, separated the unit, removed the old kph face and fitted the new mph one, so far so good
    then i fitted it all back together, turned the key and everything works fine apart from the T-belt light is now permanantly on, and now the fuel guage slowly creeps all the way to the very very end of the guage past full and when i turn the ignition off, does not return to the start,
    WHAT THE FECK HAVE I DONE WRONG!!!!
    had it all back off again, checked and rechecked wires etc, nothing wrong there, havnt even touched the fuel guage at any point,

someone help please
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Re the fuel gauge. You've almost certainly pulled a wire, or disturbed a dry solder joint. The fuel gauge *probably* measures a voltage from the sensor. If its gone either fully +ve or fully -ve (I dont know what sense the sender operates in) it probably indicates a broken wire / connection.

T-Belt light. No idea. I take it you've tried resetting it to no avail?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      Re the fuel gauge. You've almost certainly pulled a wire, or disturbed a dry solder joint. The fuel gauge *probably* measures a voltage from the sensor. If its gone either fully +ve or fully -ve (I dont know what sense the sender operates in) it probably indicates a broken wire / connection.

T-Belt light. No idea. I take it you've tried resetting it to no avail?

how do i reset it mate

Comment

Originally posted by animal
        how do i reset it mate
        Button in the face of the instrument cluster. Its under the rubber bung in the transparent instrument cover.

Comment

The fuel gauge always shows the level of fuel, even with the ignition off. Sure it just not full up with fuel?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            Button in the face of the instrument cluster. Its under the rubber bung in the transparent instrument cover.
            what, the one to zero the mileage?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              The fuel gauge always shows the level of fuel, even with the ignition off. Sure it just not full up with fuel?

yes , it was almost completely empty

Comment

i just thought,
                does anyone know, are all the plugs on the back of the instrument cluster different and will only fit in one place, or are any 2 of the plugs the same and maybe ive put them in the wrong places

Comment

they's all different, certainly if you got the mechanical driven speedo. i guess the electric speedo versions the plugs would all be different too.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

well the timing light is now out, i reset it and it worked,
                    but the fuel guage is still fubbered

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

It just freezes at the level though. If you drain the tank with the ign off, the gauge doesn't show it until you turn the ign on.

Still say duff connection - or duff instrument regulator, but that would affect the temp / oil etc.

Comment

well im still having the same problem with the fuel guage and its doing my head in now,
                        ive had the instruments out again and checked connections etc and all fine,
                        any more suggestions what i could do now.
                        i cant even find any auxilary fuel guages anywhere ,

HELP!!

Comment

Working...
                        X