No announcement yet.

Motorway cruising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i noticed if you try and keep the turbo light off (i have a 2.4) then you get the best mpg.
    we were fully loaded with suit cases and veg oil, there was no room for any people in the back! and i still got 27mpg. speed was about 55 roughly some times a little less.
    and this was with most of the fuel tank being veg oil
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciated

Mr Scunner, that was perfect

I got back yesterday and have just calculated it at 25.9mpg. That was doing 55-65 but probably mostly nearer to 65 so if I'd throttled back a bit I reckon your estimation would've been spot on.

Interestingly, although it felt painfully slow, in reality it only took about 45mins longer than it would've done in the Audi and it was a lot less stressfull not having to look out for speed cameras, unmarked police cars etc.

It did cost a lot more though, time to order a fuel filter and get on the veggy I reckon

Cheers

Chris

Edit:
      i noticed if you try and keep the turbo light off (i have a 2.4) then you get the best mpg.
      What is this turbo light of which you speak? should mine have one? cause it doesn't
      Last edited by corsetts; 7 January 2008, 09:29.
      Signature stolen along with Surf...

Comment

Originally posted by soramad
        frankly my dears i don't give a damn, drive it like you stole it, the only thing i will say is ,i would have thought off road tyres would create more friction on tarmac both being more grippy and heat generating causing lower mpg and possible blow out of tyre. i stand to be corrected .
        I do between 25-30k per year on All Terrains. Great tyres on and off road. Mileage is between 24-31mpg depending on cruising speed. London return trip (180m) on about half a tank (that's not driving slow).
        Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by corsetts
          What is this turbo light of which you speak? should mine have one? cause it doesn't

No, only the 2.4s have the turbo light
          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
            No, only the 2.4s have the turbo light
            i dont have a turbo light on my 2.4 if i have ive never seen it light up?

Comment

On motorways I just set the cruise control to its maximum witch just happens to be a true (and perfectly legal) 70 mph and the Surf seems to run nice and relaxed at that speed

As regards motorway fuel consumption, I really don’t know…. but as it is the rare V6 Petrol, all I can say is its thirsty
              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Working...
              X