my egr removal/blockoff plates have arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oneintheeye
    mine might have just been bad luck i don't know, but it is impossible for the egr to cause uneven hotspots across the engine as the recirculated gas is feed into the intake pipe and then into the manifold which feeds all four cylinders, and if the egr valves are so bad for the engine then why are all vehicles made after 2004 fitted with them
    the law lol

Comment

mine might have just been bad luck i don't know, but it is impossible for the egr to cause uneven hotspots across the engine as the recirculated gas is feed into the intake pipe and then into the manifold which feeds all four cylinders, and if the egr valves are so bad for the engine then why are all vehicles made after 2004 fitted with them
      The point u seem to have missed here is that noone has actually stated that the egr valve is bad for the engine. The idea of blocking the egr valve is not to remove something that is bad for the engine from the engine.
      People are doing it to hopefully increase power, increase mpg, reduce if not completely demolish the black smoke syndrome and make a bit more room in their engine bay. Though the last is just a novelty really.

Comment

payment sent.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Erm... I probably shouldve jumped on this bandwagon a long time ago but, does anyone have any pictures of the EXACT tube that needs to be bent an have said cable tie wrapped around it?!

Thank youu

Comment

Rod I have if someone doesn't beat me to it. I tried the ball bearing and tie wrap trick on the bent pipe then removed and replaced egr AT COST OF £189.00 FOR THE PART still smokes on hills made no difference so I am up for trying to blank it off.

Can I send payment? have you any plates left mate beats shaping and cutting.

Thanks JB
            www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
              Rod I have if someone doesn't beat me to it. I tried the ball bearing and tie wrap trick on the bent pipe then removed and replaced egr AT COST OF £189.00 FOR THE PART still smokes on hills made no difference so I am up for trying to blank it off.

Can I send payment? have you any plates left mate beats shaping and cutting.

Thanks JB

yes i still have about 4 sets left so not a problem
              PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

well i didnt expect these to go so quick, there are now 2 sets left, but if anyone else wants some i can take an order and get them made up as soon as my mate possibly can, if he can do them before christmas he will, if not it will be the first week after crimbo,
                but for now, theres 2 lots left

Comment

Originally posted by animal
                  from all the reading ive been doing, removing the egr actually helps to run the engine cooler
                  Not quite, the whole point of recirculating exhaust gasses is to lower combustion temps by diluting the air/fuel mix with a little inert gas, therefore lowering optimum performance under load, then the most Nox emissions are produced.

and if the egr valves are so bad for the engine then why are all vehicles made after 2004 fitted with them
                  To save the polar bears.

UK 4Runners with the 1KZ/T motor, and all the pickup 2.4's sold in the UK up to a few years ago, didn't have a EGR, and are perfectly happy.

Newer ECU controlled EGR's are much more reliable than the 2nd gen ones, with basically open depending on throttle position (intake vacuum), and on older/worn engines can make a huge difference to power and smoke if you get rid of it. But you are increasing combustion temps, and getting a better bang, so a worm motor may not like it long term. But I doubt it'll make a huge difference. If your motors gonna let go soon, its gonna go, you might as let it die breathing happily.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i'll have a pair of these please mate! how do i order...
                    i'll keep reading
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

well the last 2 sets have just gone to dieselboy and hilander1

but if anyone wants any still, i will be getting some more made in a week or so,
                      so let me know and ill get an idea of how many to make

Comment

Animal,

the plates have just arrived...

Thanks, prompt delivery, nicely packaged...
                        a pleasure doing business with you...

And I must honestly say that these are a thing of beauty, and it is almost a shame that they will be buried in the engine bay... your photo doesn't do them justice... perhaps they will live on the desk, whilst I gaze at them... for a little while at least... that, and its freezing out there...

very nicely done... thanks.

Comment

no problem mate, glad you like them, you should see mine, ive polished mine with very fine wetordry paper, them metal polished them, them painted the edges with hightemp paint, they look super sweet to say the least,

all the others should have either received them today too, or will get them monday as they were all posted together

Comment

is it you Animal thats selling these on ebay aswell,just wondered thats all
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

there is one set listed on there mate, yes

Comment

Originally posted by animal
                                no problem mate, glad you like them, you should see mine, ive polished mine with very fine wetordry paper, them metal polished them, them painted the edges with hightemp paint, they look super sweet to say the least,

all the others should have either received them today too, or will get them monday as they were all posted together
                                Mine have arrived - nice one they are extremely well made, now can i ask what i do with them ?!, i'm a div and need photies and help
                                Bunkle
                                Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Working...
                                X