Clear All

Originally posted by dirtydog
    cheers mate paypal sent.
    payment recieved
    will post them asap
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler
      I will take a set off your hands to if you still heve some!!
      no probs, payment received
      will post asap

Comment

Payment sent

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewC
          Payment sent
          cheers
          will also post asap

Comment

I've just got my surf and I'm all up for doing useful bits to it..

But whats the point of blocking off the EGR?

Comment

Anyone found out yet whether the 2.4 blanking plate fits the 3.0 ltr engine and if it does, will it be the same for 3.0 ltr 2nd and 3rd gen motors? Cheers, Michael

Comment

Originally posted by J_K
                I've just got my surf and I'm all up for doing useful bits to it..

But whats the point of blocking off the EGR?
                Slightly better MPG and performance. Less black smoke (if you have any). It is there to reduce nox emissions, which are tested for in Japan but not in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by animal
                  right if anyone wants a pair then payment can be sent to
                  animal969@hotmail.com then i will post them out asap

i have 12 pairs sat here but can easily get more made up instantly

animal
                  payment sent - thanks in advance
                  Bunkle
                  Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                    Slightly better MPG and performance. Less black smoke (if you have any). It is there to reduce nox emissions, which are tested for in Japan but not in the UK.
                    Thanks Sancho.
                    excellent explanation. Does it increase MPG much? It's pretty $$$$py at the moment!!

Comment

Originally posted by J_K
                      Thanks Sancho.
                      excellent explanation. Does it increase MPG much? It's pretty $$$$py at the moment!!
                      No idea I'm afraid but for the cost of five minutes and one cable tie it's got to be worth it.

Comment

true.true..

Comment

removed my egr valve 6 months ago, and well to say what a disaster would be an understatement, emisions shot throught the roof and it used more diesel, but the extra power was nice until the head cracked
                          when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

Comment

Originally posted by oneintheeye
                            removed my egr valve 6 months ago, and well to say what a disaster would be an understatement, emisions shot throught the roof and it used more diesel, but the extra power was nice until the head cracked
                            Thats odd (or bad luck), mine went through mot without even a mention about emmision's, and 505/50 veg, last year with egr and straight deisel they had problems with it, tons of cleaner, does it make the engine run hotter then? i not noticed any increase in mpg (it's still cr@p) power's better tho and not hotter than before, i've since added extra cooling mods tho,
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

from all the reading ive been doing, removing the egr actually helps to run the engine cooler, as by recirculating the exhaust gases you actually cause hotspots and uneven temperatures across the head,
                              and i have to say that since blocking mine off i havnt noticed any more fuel consumption, if anything its been slightly better, and of course the smoke screen disappears.

Comment

mine might have just been bad luck i don't know, but it is impossible for the egr to cause uneven hotspots across the engine as the recirculated gas is feed into the intake pipe and then into the manifold which feeds all four cylinders, and if the egr valves are so bad for the engine then why are all vehicles made after 2004 fitted with them
                                when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

Comment

Working...
                                X