Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat Nav advice please

Hello everyone

just after a bit of advice for my dad. He`s after a sat nav, biggish screen and easy to use.He spends alot of time in Ireland holidaying. He`s been to Halfrauds for a look, and they`ve told him to get a Garmin, since Tom Tom don`t work overthere!

Does this sound right?

I would of thought that if you get one with Europe on it, then Ireland should be no problem.

Any idears out there??
    cheers
    jack
    Stella Artois

Bollox. What are they trying to tell you, that sattlelites don't pass over Ireland?

My Tom Tom system worked over ther no problem mate. Most likely one of their 'highly trained staff' couldn't remember his geography class lessons after he left school last week.

Last edited by Scorpion; 11 December 2007, 19:21.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

i just got got a sony u82,4.8 inch widescreen,spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
        Bollox. What are they trying to tell you, that sattlelites don't pass over Ireland?

My Tom Tom system worked over ther no problem mate. Most likely one of their 'highly trained staff' couldn't remember his geography class lessons after he left school last week.

Just what i thought.

I`ve told him to find one he likes, then i`ll find one on line for him.
        Stella Artois

Comment

Any one got any advice on which one would be more OAP friendly?
          Stella Artois

Comment

Originally posted by jackster
            Any one got any advice on which one would be more OAP friendly?
            Can only describe Tom Tom as virtually foolproof (no offence meant).

Just type in postcode, if you have it, or the city, town village etc, then on the next screen the street or road name and then the house number if you have it. If you want to go somewhere in general i.e. Edinburgh Zoo just type in the city and then place of interest.

This is an abridged version of how to operate the system but it really is quite simple. Ask to shop you are buying it from for a demo, most are only to willing to oblige.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

the sony has address book,so u can pre program stuff in for him,dont get me wrong i had tom tom for years but sony is sooo much better

Comment

I actually have a small garmin with a screen the size of a small stamp, and the only controls on it are a stupid wheel and two buttons. Complete arse to use but it was only 70 squid, so obviously you pay for what you get.

I was just wondering what experience other people have out there.(Especially the older ones!!)
                Stella Artois

Comment

garmin 610 bluetooth[handsfree for phone @ traffic updates [ so you can detour roadworks ,pileups etc ]7 digit postcode @ what vehicle you are driving ie lorry ,bike etc

using tom tom the other day 7 miles up m23 then 7 miles back to same jct for ferk sake why
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

u can pick a second hand tomtom 300 for 60 quid on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                      garmin 610 bluetooth[handsfree for phone @ traffic updates [ so you can detour roadworks ,pileups etc ]7 digit postcode @ what vehicle you are driving ie lorry ,bike etc

using tom tom the other day 7 miles up m23 then 7 miles back to same jct for ferk sake why
                      was it jct 10a?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
                        was it jct 10a?
                        My usual junction
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                          My usual junction
                          pain in the harris if yr tryin to drop a car at accident repairers next to audi!

Comment

pain in the harris if yr tryin to drop a car at accident repairers next to audi!
                            Ah the Audi comedy corner

I have lost count how many times I have come round that roundabout and laughed at the heap parked by the slip road.
                            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

was it jct 10a?
                              cant remember what junction but we was heading from m25 to biggin hill
                              took us toward heathrow , then gatwick lol

i didnt care as it was the bosses and he was in truck lol
                              took us up some little single lanes as well
                              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                              X