whats your best thing about xmas dinner or the day itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koi
    Working xmas eve 2200 to 0700 xmas day, go home straight to bed get up around 1700 hrs. Have me dinner open prezzies and sod off to work again 2200 hrs repeat boxing day and boxing night.
    Best way, miss all that $$$$ on the tele and limited time with the inlaws
    seems i started the scrooges off

Comment

Going to be a funny sort of xmas for me this year. My father is now living in Thailand and will not be back until sometime next year. My mother & step father are moving to Cyprus next year, so this is their last real xmas over here. So, a lot of time will be spent with them.

After that its all about time off to go fishing & drinking .
      Which Wychwood would you choose?

Comment

Originally posted by hobgoblin
        Going to be a funny sort of xmas for me this year. My father is now living in Thailand and will not be back until sometime next year. My mother & step father are moving to Cyprus next year, so this is their last real xmas over here. So, a lot of time will be spent with them.

After that its all about time off to go fishing & drinking .
        hmmmm ya be a man after me ol heart ya be nothing likes a bit of fishing n beer arrrrr!

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
          hmmmm ya be a man after me ol heart ya be nothing likes a bit of fishing n beer arrrrr!
          And if someone else is driving, both at the same time!!
          Which Wychwood would you choose?

Comment

This Christmas will be the first one with my family in 10 years - so I'm looking forward to seeing them over the period for a change, and being able to relax. That and having just met my soul mate - something tells me this will be the best Christmas ever!
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Favourite part was Christmas dinner with my daughter and the grandkids, a proper 'family' Christmas. Unfortunately her partner and I fell out big style, not one of those minor matters that's easily painted over after a while, this was big style.

My wife still speaks to him for the sake of my daughter and the grandkids and I've told her to go for Christmas dinner as she would be heartbroken not to see them on Christmas day (as am I).

So, a bit of a sad Christmas this year, but not the end of the world as everyone is happy and healthy and that's the main thing.

Guess I'll settle for a turkey sarnie, a case of Stella and my Nintendo DS Lite to keep myself amused on Christmas day! (Ho, ho, ho, my ar5e!)

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                Favourite part was Christmas dinner with my daughter and the grandkids, a proper 'family' Christmas. Unfortunately her partner and I fell out big style, not one of those minor matters that's easily painted over after a while, this was big style.

My wife still speaks to him for the sake of my daughter and the grandkids and I've told her to go for Christmas dinner as she would be heartbroken not to see them on Christmas day (as am I).

So, a bit of a sad Christmas this year, but not the end of the world as everyone is happy and healthy and that's the main thing.

Guess I'll settle for a turkey sarnie, a case of Stella and my Nintendo DS Lite to keep myself amused on Christmas day! (Ho, ho, ho, my ar5e!)

Sorry to hear that mate! Its a shame when things dont go well..

Is there no way you an him could make up?

Just sucks to be feelin that way on christmas of all times!!

Comment

I wouldnt work christmas day for any amount of money it's the one day a year that should be about family
                  I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

[QUOTE=RodLeach]Sorry to hear that mate! Its a shame when things dont go well..

Is there no way you an him could make up?

QUOTE]

No Rod. Unfortunately I can never see a time when that would be possible, he did something that I can never see myself forgiving him for (no physical damage to my daughter or the grandchildren by the way, I would have been locked up by now if it had been anything like that).

Sh!t happens! My daughter is happy enough and the kids think the world of him so that does me. Just remember the old saying, 'You can choose your friends but you can't choose your family'!

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

for me its all bout workin my a55 off till xmas to buy kids stuff i could never afford!this year my boy has rc tamiya truck,girl has handmade rockin horse,those 2 make it all worth while,oh and a day off work!

Comment

Chocolate, big Xmas dinner down the pub, more chocolate, beer, sofa, more choc, more beer, left over people from pub come round in evening for more beer and lots of laughing.

And some foolish goings on.

This was last year xmas fun 'thing', a huuuuuuge inflatable cone made of Ripstop that you could see from right across the village!! Modelled by a drunk friend to get the scale.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

well for me , christmas is about spending time with the family, especially my son, he will be 2and a half on boxing day so is starting to realise whats going on, his little face was a picture when we put the decorations up, all we got for an hour was "momma, dadda WOW"

plus the fact that i finish work on the 21st december and dont start back to work until 2nd january
                          PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

merry xmas to you all
                            sal's working all day and im on 24 hr stand by
                            bugger
                            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

christmas is pants and should be banned in my opinion
                              when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

Comment

Originally posted by oneintheeye
                                christmas is pants and should be banned in my opinion
                                ok,

ive just told the kids,they seem.....ok,ish with it !!
                                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X