• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    And Julie Andrews dude!
    And Judy Garland.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      And to be pedantic, due to the Gregorian/Julian calendar issue, Christmas Day is not actually directly related to the birth of Christ.
      Christmas day was *never* related to the birth of Christ. Christmas is an old pagan festival that was co-opted by Christians. What better way to help non-believers convert to your religion than by celebrating the same festivals.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

My family are regular churchgoers and we go to the Xmas service - love singing Xmas hymns. I always have to work on Xmas morning but when I get home at lunchtime the rest of the family are cooking the dinner and there's always a whisky waiting, a big log fire and a comfy couch ............aaahhhh bliss.

Jacqueline

Comment

Xmas is for kids, thats it!
          so has master bushwhacker junior got the scalextric (le mans edition) for christmas vince,or was that just me when my boy was two....

and yes julie andrews rocks!!

(as does judy garland, matt)

but to a lesser extent so does doctor emmet brown and marty mcfly,they must be making an appearence sometime this christmas(probably last week)

and jax......sounds like a grand scene you just painted there !!
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
            but to a lesser extent so does doctor emmet brown and marty mcfly,they must be making an appearence sometime this christmas(probably last week)
            I know that I have spotted BttF 2 & 3 in the schedules over the next 2 weeks, but not the first.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
              seeing the faces of my little uns brings a tear to my eye when they open their pressies, homemade xmas pudding for me hate the shop bought ones, if i can find homemade xmas puddings im happy, also homemade pickle onions love them also got 5 jars on order from a bloke in bodmin
              Ha you lucky lot I'm working 8am to 6pm hope you all have a good one
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                I know that I have spotted BttF 2 & 3 in the schedules over the next 2 weeks, but not the first.

The first has been on twice in the past week!

"Great......Scott"

Comment

Christmas day was *never* related to the birth of Christ. Christmas is an old pagan festival that was co-opted by Christians. What better way to help non-believers convert to your religion than by celebrating the same festivals.
                  I've been outdone on the pedant front.
                  Last edited by MattF; 5 December 2007, 14:41.

Comment

Ive been outdone on the pedant front.

You'll be back.

Comment

You'll be back.
                      Too right.

Comment

Ive been outdone on the pedant front.
                        without adding an extra layer of pedantry matt surely that should be pedantry stakes,front implying leading,(which is as yet unproven),therefore stakes,lends an air of competition to the aforementioned pedantry "competition.
                        or did i just type a sentence that was, like way to long.....innit !
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I've been outdone on the pedant front.
                          I'm well known for being a bit of a pedant, so it's not too surprising. I'm sure however that you will fight back.
                          Paul </Slugsie>
                          Immortal.so far!

Comment

without adding an extra layer of pedantry matt surely that should be pedantry stakes,front implying leading,(which is as yet unproven),therefore stakes,lends an air of competition to the aforementioned pedantry "competition.

It's Matt, not matt!

Comment

Err, I agree with the above mentioned statement in so far as that statement can be said to have made a point that may be looked upon as being contentious.
                              Paul </Slugsie>
                              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Err, I agree with the above mentioned statement in so far as that statement can be said to have made a point that may be looked upon as being contentious.

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X