Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs

My partner and I are going to be moving soon, into a place big enough to have a couple of dogs. Her choice is a pug, aside from the health issues I don't think it's a bad idea if that's what she wants, they are mastiffs after all. My choice is a Rhodesian ridgeback, because I was brought up with them and I like the kind of companionship they bring through being independently minded. You don't so much as train a ridgeback as earn respect and a friend.

What breed of dog does everyone have and why?

i have jack russel,complete nutter but brill with kids,but grew up with collies,amazin dogs,but always wanted a pug!

Comment

Weimeraner. Cos we had one when i was a kid for fifteen years. So now i got my own.

Comment

an old lab [castrated]we rehomed , a thai ridgeback bitch] [the original ridgeback]and english bulldog[dog]

rhodesian ridgebacks are top dogs allways liked them
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I have a whippet collie cross, as she is a very trainable, hard working dog, who is very responsive to affection
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by clayton8798
            Weimeraner. Cos we had one when i was a kid for fifteen years. So now i got my own.
            lol who really likes val

Comment

We have bloodhounds because their disadvantages are outweighed by their devotion and love for people. I also use them for what they are most adapt at hunting the clean boot.( Hunting human scent ).
              Trust your Hound.

Comment

german shepard and a springer
                one's layed back and relaxed and the other is a complete nut case
                Last edited by mud skipper; 29 November 2007, 23:07.
                Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

we have a border collie,2nd one, bit to clever for his own good, and certainly ours!! got him from rescue kennels 12 yrs ago. he is on borrowed time at the moment, has a tumor, getting bigger, but i dont think he knows!!! still mad as a brush.

Comment

Two black and white springers from the same litter- both completely mental but fantastic temperaments. Labradors are born half trained - springers die half trained.

Comment

Lurcher (whippet/collie x) as like whippets and greyhounds they are sedate in the house as long as you exercise them outside. As sighthounds they are very inquisitive and fun characters. Plus his predecessor, Diesel, was a lurcher (greyhound x) and gave us lots of love until he got run over chasing a rabbit at 4 years old

When you're looking please don't forget Dogs Trust or other rehoming centres. Neo, above, was from a litter of 11 in Ireland who were taken to Dogs Trust in Evesham and I met him there when he was a young puppy of 5 months old. There's older dogs there too that haven't had the best start in life but they've gone through the puppy stage so you don't have to.
                      Wax on, wax off

Comment

we have cocker spaniels 2 adults and a puppy in the house and quite a few housed outside, great personalities good with people except for my red dog who thinks that any man who comes within 10 ft of me has to be eaten, fine with the ladies but very protective towards me if approached by a man.

Comment

staffordshire bull terrier, had them scince i was 16, like em cause the tempemant is generally superb with people, some dont like other dogs but never bin a problem for me as i walk mine were there are no other dogs or if dogs are around mke sure mine are on lead well way from other dogs, also i like to walk an active an agile dog, one that i wont have to carry home cause its collapsed on its walk lol, love any dogs but wouldnt be without a stafford.

Comment

Originally posted by pete-w-
                            staffordshire bull terrier, had them scince i was 16, like em cause the tempemant is generally superb with people, some dont like other dogs but never bin a problem for me as i walk mine were there are no other dogs or if dogs are around mke sure mine are on lead well way from other dogs, also i like to walk an active an agile dog, one that i wont have to carry home cause its collapsed on its walk lol, love any dogs but wouldnt be without a stafford.
                            nice looking dog pete looks in good condition , had staffs and pitbulls def my favourite dog,
                            where did you get collar ??

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy
                              When you're looking please don't forget Dogs Trust or other rehoming centres. Neo, above, was from a litter of 11 in Ireland who were taken to Dogs Trust in Evesham and I met him there when he was a young puppy of 5 months old. There's older dogs there too that haven't had the best start in life but they've gone through the puppy stage so you don't have to.
                              we had a springer not long ago. but had to let him go as he nearly had baby one day n so called friends called me cruel for letting him go, i loved that dog n still do but least where he is now i can still go n see him. only prob with some homing places is they wont let dogs go to familys with young kids, rspca is the same. id love to have another dog but dont spose i will ever get one again. my favorite dogs is malamutes or german shepards

Comment

Working...
                              X