No announcement yet.

Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my dog is a ridgeback labradore and some sort of staffy cross i think i found him about 10 years ago he still had blue eyes too young to be out so i tuk him in
    trained him up to look after the wife while i work away
    and now he is compleatley NUTS
    he bites when he wants
    he dont like most pepole
    hates the wife (not such a bad thing) he dont bite her just dont hear anything she says
    he has had me in court a few times
    but he is the best dog i ever had
    no one can shout or point my way (in a bad manner) with out my dog going mad
    gaurds my cat (who has no teeth)from any one and any thing
    he sits in the front seat of the surf and bites any one who trys to move him
    and only me can talk to him
    he is a nice dog tho all ginger and a temper to go with it
    Last edited by JUDWAK; 29 November 2007, 23:43.
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

i got it from a lad who makes them on the wirral, strongstuff collars, 5 ply webbin 1 1/2 inch wide, very comfy for the dog if it likes to pull on a lead.

Comment

Originally posted by pete-w-
        i got it from a lad who makes them on the wirral, strongstuff collars, 5 ply webbin 1 1/2 inch wide, very comfy for the dog if it likes to pull on a lead.
        cheers mate!!will contact aaron about collars
        Last edited by joker??; 29 November 2007, 23:56.
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Get an Australian Kelpie - beautiful black and tan dogs - great temperament and good with everyone!
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by pete-w-
            my staff chokes herself on the lead.. may be look into one of them!

not really a fan of dogs, preferred a cat.. was thinking of getting a blue kitten.. but now i think they are all a hastle right now
            ive got a staff, and a big fluffy giner cat thing.. and sometimes we look after my sisters puppy staff whos got absolutely massive paws compared to the adult bitch we have
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
              my staff chokes herself on the lead.. may be look into one of them!

not really a fan of dogs, preferred a cat.. was thinking of getting a blue kitten.. but now i think they are all a hastle right now
              ive got a staff, and a big fluffy giner cat thing.. and sometimes we look after my sisters puppy staff whos got absolutely massive paws compared to the adult bitch we have

We had a blue kitten once, well, it was originally white, but she fell into the bog and it had one of those blue water freshener blocks in the cistern.

Comment

Currently got a German Shepherd called Kane,

he's a gentle giant, beautiful, daft as a brush, active when out, but very laid back and placid in the house. He loves to be with people 24 hours a day.

Previously had 2 other shepherds, 2 lab/collie crosses, and 1 norwegian elkhound over the years. Grown up with dogs since i was a baby, and had dogs in the family almost all my life apart from maybe a 2 year gap when we lost the elkhound 15 years after she was diagnosed with cancer and given 6 weeks to live.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Got a jack russell/fox terrier cross.(see avator) Got him for 70euros in Ireland.The previous owner bred rotties and jap. acittas and poor old smeegle was getting bullied so we couldn,t leave him there. He is a fantastic, well manered dog and we both love him to bits.

Comment

Hi ya...We have two German Shepherd dogs same breeder but 2 years apart from each other....one extremely smart the other dopey but very sweet...excellent with kids(our 2 1/2 daughter can do anything to them and never a sneer or growl) and very protective of owner and easily trained. I wouldn't have any other dog in my life now since having these two has been so rewarding! They are very smart and very very loyal.....best dogs to have especially if you are planning on a family in future. Will put a picture of the "boys" on if I can...
                    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

I have a 1yr old St Bernard, I have always wanted one. she is so big but very very lazy need a fair amount of space just due to the size oh and a surf helps in getting her to the park!!!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by hiroler; 30 November 2007, 10:48.

Comment

Irish Wolfhounds

Just looked up when i got my first Wolfhound, it was 1973 and i haven't been without one since, if not two.
                        Greatest dogs in the world, nothing phases them and even your "cross this and thats", (muscles on legs) being walked by kids, who, never mind being out walking a dog, shouldn't probably be out without supervision anyway, even there dogs think twice when seeing Cori.
                        When any dog ever how small barks at him etc, he just walks of, but if he sees other dogs fighting, he will run over and literally knocks them apart, without biting etc.
                        As you can see, Love is Blind.
                        Attached Files
                        Still Searching,
                        Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                          Just looked up when i got my first Wolfhound, it was 1973 and i haven't been without one since, if not two.
                          Greatest dogs in the world, nothing phases them and even your "cross this and thats", (muscles on legs) being walked by kids, who, never mind being out walking a dog, shouldn't probably be out without supervision anyway, even there dogs think twice when seeing Cori.
                          When any dog ever how small barks at him etc, he just walks of, but if he sees other dogs fighting, he will run over and literally knocks them apart, without biting etc.
                          As you can see, Love is Blind.
                          Hehehe reminds me of the elephant and the flea joke

my wife's just gone on the shih tzu adoption list, with the shih tzu rescue org
                          someones comeing round to check us out,

(should have worded that better perhaps, she wants to adopt a dog not get adopted)
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Long way 'round
                            My partner and I are going to be moving soon, into a place big enough to have a couple of dogs. Her choice is a pug, aside from the health issues I don't think it's a bad idea if that's what she wants, they are mastiffs after all. My choice is a Rhodesian ridgeback, because I was brought up with them and I like the kind of companionship they bring through being independently minded. You don't so much as train a ridgeback as earn respect and a friend.

What breed of dog does everyone have and why?
                            Had a beagle once who drank a litre of used chip oil i had left in a pan to cool down, it oozed out of his skin for days - and the stench ! great little character though
                            Bunkle
                            Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

like your avatar are those yours
                              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Hi, I have 5 working collies, just got another young dog (1 yr) yesterday to train up for the sheep, he's lovely, straight off the boat from Ireland. My old dog, Jess, who is now 13 is such a great companion and still works despite being runover and dragged up the road under the wheels of a trailer in the summer. I also have father and son Springer Spaniels that I take shooting with me.

Jacqueline

Comment

Working...
                                X