Calling all nerds.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all nerds.....

Does anyone know who makes motherboards with 6 RAM slots that can hold PC3200 1GB sticks?

I use a music sampling application and it's RAM intensive and have an Asus board that is shagged, shows only 2.75GB when I have 4 1GB sticks installed....

So - can I buy a board that will fit my PC3200 RAM and that I can use all 6 sticks that I have?

TIA
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

I've viewed & replied to this thread, does that make me a nerd?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      I've viewed & replied to this thread, does that make me a nerd?
      Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
        Does anyone know who makes motherboards with 6 RAM slots that can hold PC3200 1GB sticks?

I use a music sampling application and it's RAM intensive and have an Asus board that is shagged, shows only 2.75GB when I have 4 1GB sticks installed....

So - can I buy a board that will fit my PC3200 RAM and that I can use all 6 sticks that I have?

TIA
        Googled it and got this http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?op...=889&Itemid=37 But I've never seen one.

Why don't you move to rack mounts? Much more flexibility.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

The scary thing is, I read it, and pretty much understand what he said, can't help though sorry Andy

A bloke my age shouldn't understand that kind of language
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Nerds.....

Computer stuff is geek stuff!!

Jeez man! Get it right

Comment

Do a search for Tyan m.boards m8, know they are multi ram slot manufactors
              If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Thanks 'Geeks' ......

Comment

Originally posted by andy62
                  Googled it and got this http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?op...=889&Itemid=37 But I've never seen one.
                  Never been a fan of the MSI boards myself. They seem to suffer more quirks than any other I've tried, and the lifespan of the caps used to be shockingly short.

Comment

Comment

not sure if DFI do them ill look.

edit: they dont
                      Last edited by dirtydog; 19 November 2007, 00:11.
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thanks 'Geeks' ......

Im always amazed by no matter how un surf related.... someone on here will know!!

seems to be without fail!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                          Never been a fan of the MSI boards myself. They seem to suffer more quirks than any other I've tried, and the lifespan of the caps used to be shockingly short.
                          Never used them either, just the only thing I got from Google.

I'd personally buy something that can handle 4 ultra fast (and matched) 2 gig strips.

Comment

TIA
                            What OS are you running?

32bit Windows support a maximum of 4GB total memory. But that doesn't mean 4GB of RAM. Some of that memory will be things like your graphics card, I/O space, etc. 3GB is generally the maximum RAM that you'll see, but it can sometimes be a bit less.

Have you used the 3GB and PAE switches for Windows Startup? Some info here.

However, you're much better off switching to 64bit Windows (Vista for preference, 64bit XP is very hit and miss for drivers, Vista is generally better) if you want to use more than 3GB RAM.
                            Paul </Slugsie>
                            Immortal.so far!

Comment

TIA

carnt rember the name of the company i work on in dublin tho
                              they make morther bords other than that look at
                              www.alienware.co.uk

most music boffs use the above iam getting one next years for my birthday off my self
                              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                              X