OEM Shocks, with electrical control Hard/Soft Modules on the top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodLeach
    Doing a 4" suspension lift on the surf needs mega money. I think only a couple of trucks (Mr t? an The Bullit) have the 4" suspension lift.

It needs brackets to drop the lower components down, It maintains all stock angles, So CV joints wont get chewed etc. But i think its near the £900 mark.

One thing to be cautious off, is the LC springs (from what ive read!) sag on the drivers side due to fuel tank location.

Not sure how bad a sag! But still....

When the time comes for the big lift mate, im sure Stormy will walk you though prices/fitting etc! He seems like a decent enough bloke!
    its a lot less for a 3" inch lift,suspension wise rod.about 150 quid for the balljoint spacers and lc springs,cant remember how much the pro comps were but not mega money,anyhows the 3" inch sus lift was 450 ish quid.

the 2" inch body lift was 50 odd quid,and you have there all the components you need.

i have a wee bitof sag drivers side,but you have to look hard to see it,its probably 2-3 mm lower than the other side,its not all mega money its possible to do it quite cheaply

all in all, i suppose i have spent a grand on my lift but that included 5 brand new 33's
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
      its a lot less for a 3" inch lift,suspension wise rod.about 150 quid for the balljoint spacers and lc springs,cant remember how much the pro comps were but not mega money,anyhows the 3" inch sus lift was 450 ish quid.

the 2" inch body lift was 50 odd quid,and you have there all the components you need.

i have a wee bitof sag drivers side,but you have to look hard to see it,its probably 2-3 mm lower than the other side,its not all mega money its possible to do it quite cheaply

all in all, i suppose i have spent a grand on my lift but that included 5 brand new 33's
      you got lc springs? im not sure what to get yet though. i could get body lift off tony think tony does them? n id have to stay on my normal 31's for a while but i cant have it all straight away

Comment

Bonjourno mate! How are ya? aint spoken in a while....

I agree, 3" is a cheaper option.

Ive got pretty much the exact same package waiting to go on my truck except i used Roughtrax +2" springs instead of LC springs. Similar money in all honesty.

I would love the suspension off the Bullit - but its just too much for me wallet!!

Comment

I'd try an wait it out mate, If you do carry out a 2" or even a 4" sus lift then its best to get the right shocks, Makes no difference on price on Pro comps!

I dont know if your in a situation to sort out a lift now, but 4 crawler do the 2" rear coil spacers for about £60 delivered!! chuck them in an wind the torsion bars, instant lift!!

Not sure who still does body lift kits, But again 4crawler £60 for a 2"

So, Its not THAT expensive, there are more expensive/better ways! But for general purposes.
          You've got your prices a little mixed up a 4crawler 2" body is

Blocks and bolts-$75
          bumper brackets-$10
          rad brackets-$15
          shipping-$39
          =$139 or £66
          +vat and UK handling- £11.55 and normally about £20
          =£97.50 (vs £85 for mine !!)

2" coil spacers work out about £75 a pair (I know cos i ordered 6 pairs last month!)

Don't forget you always need to add vat and UK handling to imported stuff, and if its over so much you get import duty as well.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

sorry will yes i have lc springs. i am (from the suspension/body/bigger tyres) about 6" inches higher than i was.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Bonjourno mate! How are ya? aint spoken in a while....

I agree, 3" is a cheaper option.

Ive got pretty much the exact same package waiting to go on my truck except i used Roughtrax +2" springs instead of LC springs. Similar money in all honesty.

I would love the suspension off the Bullit - but its just too much for me wallet!!
              you just gave me a idea but dont think it would work a collection to help members raise their trucks but it would prob work out dearer than if you did your own

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                You've got your prices a little mixed up a 4crawler 2" body is

Blocks and bolts-$75
                bumper brackets-$10
                rad brackets-$15
                shipping-$39
                =$139 or £66
                +vat and UK handling- £11.55 and normally about £20
                =£97.50 (vs £85 for mine !!)

2" coil spacers work out about £75 a pair (I know cos i ordered 6 pairs last month!)

Don't forget you always need to add vat and UK handling to imported stuff, and if its over so much you get import duty as well.

Oh... I didnt get any vat or duty etc on anything i ordered from 4crawler..

I wont dispute prices with you! I know your gunna know more then me mate!

Sorry Will, didnt mean to mislead you mate! Just got me figures wrong!

Comment

no prob m8 its all good dearer the better for me in a way as then i will have change n go hmmmmmmmm yippeeee more money in my pocket for something else

& p.s tony please keep me a set of spring spacers for after xmas please m8 if youll be so kind

Comment

gotta say as well rod,

when you look at the difference in the circumference of the metal used beween the surf spring and the lc spring
                    it made me glad i went for the lc springs.when we fitted them,the truk hardly dropped at all,and i have heard some stories of saggy ars5 syndrome developing on milners/roughtrax 20% stronger/bigger !!

and bonjourno straight back atcha !!
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't, its pretty random for smaller parcels. Once you start spending over £80-£100 they start adding it more often. Roger is pretty good about what he declares the goods are worth for import dutys, but they still catch out you sometimes.

Just wouldn't want anyone to get a shock.

Comment

Hello everyone

Ok then OEM shocks, free to good home!!!!!!!!!!! If you want em let me know, for the price of post.

Im off to bed now but ill have a look in the morning. They are in perfect workin order, although a little muddy, ill clean em up though.

Ta Ta guys and gals
                        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

My truck is \DEFFO lower on the drivers aside thatn the psaasssnger side. Its nit m uch t but its definitelty there.

I beleive the originals are handed, LCs aren't.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                            My truck is \DEFFO lower on the drivers aside thatn the psaasssnger side. Its nit m uch t but its definitelty there.

who,s a big go to bed early girly now huh !!

(mr fat fingers)
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

Depends on one day having a full tank, and others when its empty, 65lts of fuel weighs a lot.

Comment

who,s a big go to bed early girly now huh !!

(mr fat fingers)

Na the wife is calling me up to bed, its that time of year..... im gettin it!

Night
                                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                                X