OEM Shocks, with electrical control Hard/Soft Modules on the top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM Shocks, with electrical control Hard/Soft Modules on the top

Any Sensible Offer accepted, theyre not leaking and on my truck they where fine, i now have pro-comp on and they are in between the hard and the soft on the originals, that should give you an idea of how well they are.

They have come off my truck that has done no real offroading, and has only done 60,000 miles ish.

I have to go out shortly but will catch up with this thread in a short while

Carl
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Looks like no bugga wants em Carl, i dunno ya cannot make an honest buck on here can ya
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

i'm about to have a set for sale too.

after Xmas I'm fitting procomp.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF
        i'm about to have a set for sale too.

after Xmas I'm fitting procomp.
        OMG the market's flooded! maybe i should grab em all up cheap and stock pile em, then hang around the off road meets and knock em out at a profeit

Comment

Afraid there's not much of a market for old OEMs, and unless they've been replaced, at ~15 years old, they're gonna be tired.

When I swapped my rears, I left my old ones with Tony incase anyone needed one in an emergency.

Just donate 'em to someone less wealthy than you mate, and the warm glow will feel better than the tenner in your wallet
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            Afraid there's not much of a market for old OEMs, and unless they've been replaced, at ~15 years old, they're gonna be tired.

When I swapped my rears, I left my old ones with Tony incase anyone needed one in an emergency.

Just donate 'em to someone less wealthy than you mate, and the warm glow will feel better than the tenner in your wallet
            Must admit that's what i was thinking, my originals are in need of replaceing and if they get through another ticket it'll be a miricle, but i want to replace em with newuns, maybe procomps, dunno i know nothing about shocks so i'll have to do some reading when the time comes,
            never mind Carl you could try jokers swop shop!!

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
              Must admit that's what i was thinking, my originals are in need of replaceing and if they get through another ticket it'll be a miricle, but i want to replace em with newuns, maybe procomps, dunno i know nothing about shocks so i'll have to do some reading when the time comes,
              never mind Carl you could try jokers swop shop!!

Get some Fox ones from milners, They look well posh!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                Get some Fox ones from milners, They look well posh!
                How much and are they good one's Rod? only milners have a reputation of being not quite up to the mark on some stuff, (i heard)

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
                  How much and are they good one's Rod? only milners have a reputation of being not quite up to the mark on some stuff, (i heard)

No idea if there any good or not mate,

Ive heard the same about milners, BUT - the way im lookin at it, is if its there own stuff or a cheap supply then i guess tread with caution...

If they floggin someone elses gear then it should be a bit better right?!

This is a link to them...

http://www.milneroffroad.com/20PRO.HTM

Also the prices are erm..... a lot!

So i guess.... they should be pretty good!
                  Perhaps overkill maybe

didnt see the prices when i mentioned it first... or my post wouldve been

"im sure Fox shocks are great.... but they are expensive...get ES9000's or TJM's "

Comment

2 in the goo....one in the poo
                    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

im thinking of changing my front ones also but not sure if to wait till i get skull lifted or not then i can always use the switch space for my roof lights

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                        im thinking of changing my front ones also but not sure if to wait till i get skull lifted or not then i can always use the switch space for my roof lights

I'd try an wait it out mate, If you do carry out a 2" or even a 4" sus lift then its best to get the right shocks, Makes no difference on price on Pro comps!

I dont know if your in a situation to sort out a lift now, but 4 crawler do the 2" rear coil spacers for about £60 delivered!! chuck them in an wind the torsion bars, instant lift!!

Not sure who still does body lift kits, But again 4crawler £60 for a 2"

So, Its not THAT expensive, there are more expensive/better ways! But for general purposes.

Comment

I'd try an wait it out mate, If you do carry out a 2" or even a 4" sus lift then its best to get the right shocks, Makes no difference on price on Pro comps!

I dont know if your in a situation to sort out a lift now, but 4 crawler do the 2" rear coil spacers for about £60 delivered!! chuck them in an wind the torsion bars, instant lift!!

Not sure who still does body lift kits, But again 4crawler £60 for a 2"

So, Its not THAT expensive, there are more expensive/better ways! But for general purposes.
                          no i aint m8 got to save hard also springs on back aint no good either got saggy r'ssssss so thinking going lc springs. if i had the money i would have skull done now. not sure if to do 2in or 4in lift yet plus i want body lift also

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                            no i aint m8 got to save hard also springs on back aint no good either got saggy r'ssssss so thinking going lc springs. if i had the money i would have skull done now. not sure if to do 2in or 4in lift yet plus i want body lift also
                            Doing a 4" suspension lift on the surf needs mega money. I think only a couple of trucks (Mr t? an The Bullit) have the 4" suspension lift.

It needs brackets to drop the lower components down, It maintains all stock angles, So CV joints wont get chewed etc. But i think its near the £900 mark.

One thing to be cautious off, is the LC springs (from what ive read!) sag on the drivers side due to fuel tank location.

Not sure how bad a sag! But still....

When the time comes for the big lift mate, im sure Stormy will walk you though prices/fitting etc! He seems like a decent enough bloke!

Comment

Doing a 4" suspension lift on the surf needs mega money. I think only a couple of trucks (Mr t? an The Bullit) have the 4" suspension lift.

It needs brackets to drop the lower components down, It maintains all stock angles, So CV joints wont get chewed etc. But i think its near the £900 mark.

One thing to be cautious off, is the LC springs (from what ive read!) sag on the drivers side due to fuel tank location.

Not sure how bad a sag! But still....

When the time comes for the big lift mate, im sure Stormy will walk you though prices/fitting etc! He seems like a decent enough bloke!

yeah stormy a sound guy but uncle stein doing lift we going to have a garage weekend doing skull when i got all the parts thinking get xmas outta way then start collecting the parts i need for it so its not so much all at once but there seems to be alot of parts to get. i will keep in mind bout lc springs though thanks m8

Comment

Working...
                              X