At last!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At last!!!!!

After 18 days waiting I finally have my Surf back on the road. The exhaust arrived from Japan and the MOT was redone. Took it for a 24 mile drive last night and it is running great, gone is that annoying rattle (must have been the baffles inside the old exhaust) so I am happy again

One thing I have found having used the train to travel to / from work for the last 3 weeks is that I can save money….. To use the Surf costs: £6.60 per day (24 mile round trip), £2.30 tunnel, £1.26 parking, Total = £10.16 per day.

Where as the train is £4.50 return saving me £5.66 per day. I know it may not seem much but it is £113 per month so over a year £1,358… more than enough to cover my insurance, tax, MOT / repairs One downside of the train is the ½ mile walk between the station and work so I’m thinking of buying one of those folding bikes and just use the Surf when the weather is really bad.
    Last edited by PDR; 25 October 2007, 11:39.
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

1/2 mile walk
    I've dropped sockets and had to chase them further
    Brian

Comment

Granted ½ a mile might not seem much but I damaged my heel while rock climbing in Germany last year and this has led to the development of Plantar Fasciitis (ligament damage) so walking any distance can be really painful… whereas with a bike you use a different part of your foot and don’t put your full weight on it either.
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

I think its a good idea mate!! Saves a load of money in the long run... an plus you cant get any grief about it when you use public transport and then a bicycle to get to work!!

Good for you!

Comment

Working...
        X