@ the lang-shanket scunner or any twin tankers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ the lang-shanket scunner or any twin tankers

Hi carl or others, couple of questions, what changeover fuel valves are you useing? i was gonna go for the Tecalmit 8mm bore one but biotuners (below) have discontinued em, apparantly replaceing it with a uprated version later but god know when, aint emailed em yet as i'm still debating wot to go for,
    i've been reading other forums regarding this and some say the pollak valve is good and some otherwise, one aparantly had one disintergrate and lodge bit's in the IP, plus the wireing looks a bit daunting as it seems to use the original fuel gauge to monitor both tanks which i dont want haveing bought a landy gauge for the veg tank, the Tecalemit valve looks much easier and robust,
    The other point is looping the return back into the feed to the IP, have you had any probs with air trapped in there? this seems to be a an issue mentioned by bio and on the other forums, is there some way of fitting an air release valve or summat in the loop? other suggestions were fitting a second valve for the returns but i dont want to do that, it's makeing the setup real complicated then,
    http://www.biotuning.co.uk/ShopValves.htm
    Last edited by POPEYE; 18 October 2007, 11:31.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

No lang-shankets about then?, no dual fuel users,? this is gettin hard work, starting to feel a popular as a turd in a swimming pool,
    maybe i shoulda changed me user name to summat more feminine

Comment

ian try here mate.http://www.burlen.co.uk/sidelinkSear...?sideLinkID=54
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Thanks mark, somebody loves me they aint got fuel three port valves tho, never mind mate, i'll get it sorted,

Comment

Hi Ian, The valve i use is from dieselveg.com its guarunteed never to jam, but i also have 2 valves, so as to send veg back to main tank on a 30sec purge timer relay, then it goes back to the looped system. I have seen air in the pipes on the return, but it soon eliminates this after a while cos the belly on these pumps is quite big and can absorb it, maybe it would take an extra turn to start for a couple of days.

But if its installed completely liquid tight, once its gone it should be gone, unless you run out of fuel.

Hope this helps mate, am unsure of any of the newer valves as i havent looked in detail for a while, but buy a good one not a really cheap one and you should be ok, search for veg oil biased valves for extra security.

Oh and 8% white spirit makes up for lost engine power and makes life easier for the valve.

Feel free to PM me anytime for a more prompt reply
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Hey Carl!!! thanks for the reply, i posted it as opposed to pm'ing you so as to give other twin fuel blokes chance to add wot their useing, valves, set-ups, problems etc but it fell flat,
            as for the air, well i was going to tee into the flow to the ip and not have any return from either diesel or veg going back to either tank so i could see possible problems with trapped air, i was thinking maybe a air release valve in the line to the ip, like a tire valve or the ones ya get on combi boilers, like ya say once ya've got the air out only time it'll get back in is if you run out of fuel, i'll check out the valves from diesel veg.com.
            i've given up on the "swirl tank" idea for now, think i'll have enough hot oil near the ip to enable it to pump without too much strain, also going to fit a vac gauge in the feed to monitor if the pump's straining/filters clogging etc,
            may do the tank later if i can ever get info on controlling the electric fuel pump that it'll need,

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
              Hey Carl!!! thanks for the reply, i posted it as opposed to pm'ing you so as to give other twin fuel blokes chance to add wot their useing, valves, set-ups, problems etc but it fell flat,
              as for the air, well i was going to tee into the flow to the ip and not have any return from either diesel or veg going back to either tank so i could see possible problems with trapped air, i was thinking maybe a air release valve in the line to the ip, like a tire valve or the ones ya get on combi boilers, like ya say once ya've got the air out only time it'll get back in is if you run out of fuel, i'll check out the valves from diesel veg.com.
              i've given up on the "swirl tank" idea for now, think i'll have enough hot oil near the ip to enable it to pump without too much strain, also going to fit a vac gauge in the feed to monitor if the pump's straining/filters clogging etc,
              may do the tank later if i can ever get info on controlling the electric fuel pump that it'll need,
              It seems like your going to be using a very comprehensive system Ian, it should be really efficient with that much thought going in to it. The second valve that i have is switched on for 30 secs, it diverts the loop to ip to the main tank so that when purging all fuel going past injectors is going to tank not back to pump, thus pulling fresh diesel through in a fraction of the time, at the end of the 30 secs it reverts to circulation to ip. Dont need to purge from diesel to veg cos of obvious reasons, so you could get a second 3-way valve and get a timer relay and run it off of one switch, thats what mine is and its purged in less than a minute.

Keep me posted as this system of yours is gonna be a belter.

Oh and look at chillits post about water pumps, you use it as a thermostat aswell so it turns on when temp gets up, you can set the temp lower than stock if you want and remove the impeller from current pump, thus givin better mpg's aswell, thought it may help your hot running problem you had. i.e set it to 75deg, and itll circulate.

Cheers mate
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

heres chillits post

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37806
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Thanks very much Carl, i missed that one, interesting, i'll have a good read through that, could be just what i need, the fan mod is helping a lot but does'nt stop it running hot, i'm hopeing the extra run to the veg tank and second rad will bring it down a degree or two, should soon see when i get the pully refitted, the timer device you used, was that a maplins type kit? i have'nt quite worked out the electricle side yet, the whole opperation on one switch sounds good tho,

Comment

Working...
                  X