F 1 world championship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be awful for Raikkonen.

I was rooting for Hamilton, but I reckon he'd not be overjoyed to take the championship that way.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

It would appear to be over fuel temperature.... is it just me or is the world going crazy???

Comment

Originally posted by adm_sx
        It would appear to be over fuel temperature.... is it just me or is the world going crazy???
        certainly has, their worried about temperatures and us lot are runnng around on vegetable oil !
        Bunkle
        Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          That would be awful for Raikkonen.

I was rooting for Hamilton, but I reckon he'd not be overjoyed to take the championship that way.
          Must say, as much as I'd like to have seen Hamilton win, I'd agree. That would be a sh1te.

Comment

Sounds more like football than formula 1, all this squabbling.

To be fair though rules is rules and as much as i'd hate to see the championship taken away from Kimi over something he had no control over, and that didn't affect him. I think rules should be enforced.

I could be wrong but i guess the rules are there because there is an advantage to be had in cooling the fuel as the reaction would be more violent, the cooler the fuel and air pre-combustion the bigger the bang if you like. I doubt that it makes much difference in a normal engine, but in an engine as highly tuned as an F1 engine and using higher octane fuels there must be some advantage or it wouldn't be in the rules.

It would still be a sh!te way for Kimi to have it taken away from him, and i don't think Lewis would want to win it like that either.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

The result of the inquiry is that Kimi IS the champion for this year although Mclaren appealing.

The McLaren team has told the BBC it intends to appeal against the stewards' decision.

A spokesperson said the team was not trying to challenge Ferrari's victory in the race, but wanted to understand the reasoning behind the decision.
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by adm_sx
                Yes I agree it does sound crazey, I know some people who used to chill the fuel before races as you can get more of it in the tank!! Saying that I cant see that being much of an advantage on F1 as they stop for fuel 2 or 3 times in a race....making Lewis stop for a third time was also unbelivable, if they had filled him to the finish on his second stop he might have got the extra points. Does make you wounder what Mclaren was thinking...
                I have no doubt Lewis's time will come, just had a thought imagine Lewis at Ferrari!!! god does not bear thinking about.
                Phil

Comment

I am very anti Ferrari, and belive them to be the biggest cheats in the sport . Just because they have the longest history in f1 they belive they can twist the rules to suit themselves, especially during the schumy years .
                  I know that McLaren have screwed up this year and not performed well as a team but i hope there appeal is suscessful .

That would P155 on Ferrari's fireworks.

Please note I am a Button fan and surported his career since Williams
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                    I am very anti Ferrari, and belive them to be the biggest cheats in the sport . Just because they have the longest history in f1 they belive they can twist the rules to suit themselves, especially during the schumy years .
                    I know that McLaren have screwed up this year and not performed well as a team but i hope there appeal is suscessful .

That would P155 on Ferrari's fireworks.

Please note I am a Button fan and surported his career since Williams

You obviously like backing losers.( sorry could not resist that)..Like them or hate them Ferrari are without doubt the most succesful racing team in F1 history, thats why they have had some of the best drivers race for them.
                    They, like any other team bend the rules as much as they can but thats racing. F1 would never be the same without them, it would be like football without Brasil and rugby without the All Blacks. I have supported them since the 60's (even for the 20 years they did not win any championships) As for the appeal!! dream on its not going to happen as it would make F1 look totaly stupid. Mclaren should just admit they c*cked it up, also I doubt if Lewis would want to win it that way, neither would Kimi or even Alonso.
                    I for one just hope we have another 3 or 4 way battle for next years championship.
                    Phil
                    PS I wounder what odds were on Kimi winning the championship when he was 17 points behind with 2 races left....
                    Last edited by Bracpan; 22 October 2007, 16:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                      I know that McLaren have screwed up this year and not performed well as a team but i hope there appeal is suscessful.
                      Must admit, this is one occasion I'd have to disagree. If McLaren hadn't been complete tits all year with regards to their race planning, it'd be different, but they almost seem to have done their best with their tactics to make sure their drivers didn't win. Raikkonen deserves it. Look at when he lost the possibility to become the champion a couple of years ago with the exploding front suspension due to McLaren, again, leaving someone out on dodgy tyres. They p1ssed on his bonfire too. He deserves his time. He personally won it this year fair and square.

Comment

Working...
                      X