Clear All

• F 1 world championship thread

We have had rugby and footthingy now it's motorsports turn

We all want Lewis to win
    but it's complicated

Taken from autosport
    Lewis Hamilton is champion if...

• Win or 2nd - it does not matter how Alonso or Raikkonen end in this case;

• 3rd, 4th or 5th - will take the title only if Alonso fails to win the race.

• 5th and Alonso is 2nd - Hamilton will be champion due to more fifth place finishes: the McLaren teammates will be tied 4-4 on wins, 5-5 on second place finishes, 3-3 on thirds, 1-1 on fourths with Hamilton trumping Alonso 2-1 on fifths.

• 6th - Hamilton becomes champion only if Alonso is no higher than third and Raikkonen does not win.

• 7th and Alonso is 3rd - Hamilton is champion on a count-back to second places, providing Raikkonen does not win.

• 8th - Hamilton takes the title if Alonso is no higher than 4th and Raikkonen 3rd or lower.

• 9th or less - Hamilton can still win the title without scoring, providing Alonso finishes no higher than fifth and Raikkonen is not in the top two.

Fernando Alonso is champion if...

• Win - Alonso will become the first driver since Juan Manuel Fangio in 1957 to win successive titles with different teams if he wins the race and Hamilton is third or lower.

• 2nd - would be enough if Hamilton is sixth or lower. It does not matter if Raikkonen wins.

• 3rd - needs Hamilton to finish 8th or lower, and Raikkonen no higher than 2nd.

• 4th or 5th - needs Hamilton to finish outside the points, and Raikkonen no higher than 3rd.

• 6th and lower - needs Hamilton to finish outside the points, and Raikkonen no more than two spots ahead.

Kimi Raikkonen is champion if...

• Win - the Finn will clinch his first title if Alonso ends no higher than 3rd and Hamilton is 6th or lower.

• 2nd - Alonso needs to be 4th (Raikkonen leads him 5-4 on race wins) or worse, and Hamilton needs to score only one point.

• 3rd or lower - Alonso needs to be at least three places down in the points (Raikkonen leads him 5-4 on race wins) or worse, and Hamilton needs to score no points.

And in case of a tie...

If Kimi Raikkonen finishes 2nd, Fernando Alonso 4th, and Lewis Hamilton 8th, all three drivers would end the season level on 108 points.

In that case, the title would go to... Raikkonen, on race wins (his five compared to Alonso and Hamilton's four each).
    www.daemon4x4.org

seriously think your bored n need a dose of off-roading m8 doctor-pirate says lol.
    how long did it take you to think all that out lol.
    would be good if he does win it but as you know so much can go wrong but i think someone will try block him n try to stop him big time.
    you never know the way the world is if he will call racism if he loses n dont win championship.
    but seriously good luck to him i hope he does win what a first season it will have been. i think we can look forward to alot more from him dont be surprised if ferrari try get hold of him also

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
      Quote Woodzie - "Taken from autosport"
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
        seriously think your bored n need a dose of off-roading m8 doctor-pirate says lol.
        would be good if he does win it but as you know so much can go wrong but i think someone will try block him n try to stop him big time.
        you never know the way the world is if he will call racism if he loses n dont win championship.
        but seriously good luck to him i hope he does win what a first season it will have been. i think we can look forward to alot more from him dont be surprised if ferrari try get hold of him also
        i don't think racism will have anything to do with whether or not he wins,it will come down to who is the best driver on the day to get most points
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If he does win, (Lewis) i wish i had put money on him at start of the season.
          Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
            We have had rugby and footthingy now it's motorsports turn

We all want Lewis to win NOT ALL OF US - HOPE HE COMES LAST
            but it's complicated

Taken from autosport
            Lewis Hamilton is champion if...

• Win or 2nd - it does not matter how Alonso or Raikkonen end in this case;

• 3rd, 4th or 5th - will take the title only if Alonso fails to win the race.

• 5th and Alonso is 2nd - Hamilton will be champion due to more fifth place finishes: the McLaren teammates will be tied 4-4 on wins, 5-5 on second place finishes, 3-3 on thirds, 1-1 on fourths with Hamilton trumping Alonso 2-1 on fifths.

• 6th - Hamilton becomes champion only if Alonso is no higher than third and Raikkonen does not win.

• 7th and Alonso is 3rd - Hamilton is champion on a count-back to second places, providing Raikkonen does not win.

• 8th - Hamilton takes the title if Alonso is no higher than 4th and Raikkonen 3rd or lower.

• 9th or less - Hamilton can still win the title without scoring, providing Alonso finishes no higher than fifth and Raikkonen is not in the top two.

Fernando Alonso is champion if...

• Win - Alonso will become the first driver since Juan Manuel Fangio in 1957 to win successive titles with different teams if he wins the race and Hamilton is third or lower.

• 2nd - would be enough if Hamilton is sixth or lower. It does not matter if Raikkonen wins.

• 3rd - needs Hamilton to finish 8th or lower, and Raikkonen no higher than 2nd.

• 4th or 5th - needs Hamilton to finish outside the points, and Raikkonen no higher than 3rd.

• 6th and lower - needs Hamilton to finish outside the points, and Raikkonen no more than two spots ahead.

Kimi Raikkonen is champion if...

• Win - the Finn will clinch his first title if Alonso ends no higher than 3rd and Hamilton is 6th or lower.

• 2nd - Alonso needs to be 4th (Raikkonen leads him 5-4 on race wins) or worse, and Hamilton needs to score only one point.

• 3rd or lower - Alonso needs to be at least three places down in the points (Raikkonen leads him 5-4 on race wins) or worse, and Hamilton needs to score no points.

And in case of a tie...

If Kimi Raikkonen finishes 2nd, Fernando Alonso 4th, and Lewis Hamilton 8th, all three drivers would end the season level on 108 points.

In that case, the title would go to... Raikkonen, on race wins (his five compared to Alonso and Hamilton's four each).
            We all want Lewis to win - NOT ALL OF US - HOPE HE COMES LAST
            Bunkle
            Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

I think it would be great for Lewis to win, but just watch, either Alonso, Ferrari or the spanish motorsports body make an appeal on the grounds that it was not fair or should be thrown out of the championship or the crash helmet of the machanic refuelling the car was the wrong colour or some other stupid reason.

"McLaren are the "Real" Champions"
              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                I think it would be great for Lewis to win, but just watch, either Alonso, Ferrari or the spanish motorsports body make an appeal on the grounds that it was not fair or should be thrown out of the championship or the crash helmet of the machanic refuelling the car was the wrong colour or some other stupid reason.

"McLaren are the "Real" Champions"
                er no, they are cheating sc*mb*gs
                Bunkle
                Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

i don't think racism will have anything to do with whether or not he wins,it will come down to who is the best driver on the day to get most points
                  Don't you mean best car! These days they don,t so much drive them as point the steering wheel in the right direction, and hope they make some place's in the pits

Mark....
                  Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Well I'm rooting for Hamilton, would be fantastic for a rookie to win in his first season, no matter what nationality, colour, age, team, etc the rookie is and I think Hamilton has shown level headed, class driving (mostly)!

If Hamilton doesn't take it then I hope Kimi does, I can't bear the thought of Alonso winning, what a dummy spitting whinger.

Did anyone follow the BTCC this year? That also went down to the last race of the season with Plato and Giovanardi fighting for the championship. In the final deciding round with Plato leading the championship by a couple of points, Neal (Honda) appeared to let Giovanardi and Chilton (both Vauxhall) past but then blocked Plato (Seat) enabling Giovanardi on to win the championship. Although he claims his car malfunctioned to let the Vauxhalls past, it seems to me that the announcement in the paddock at the end of the race that Neal will be joining the Vauxhall team next year spelt out pretty clearly what really happened. Me and my Dad who had shouted ourselves to croaking for Plato (who was driving with burnt face, arms and neck!!!) were furious.
                    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Ok i ment Lewis to win as a brit .....i am a button / Honda fan .and before that Jordan

As for McLaren cheating, they got caught and that spanard was involved ,Ferrari have been cheating and bending the rules for years , they are just better at covering their arse.
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Ferrari have been cheating and bending the rules for years , they are just better at covering their arse.
                        Also having Bernie and a few other bigwigs in the FIA helps!

Mark......

P.S Also Button and ex Jordan fan, Best GP moment Spa 98'?
                        Last edited by MrE; 18 October 2007, 17:49.

Comment

Originally posted by MrE
                          Also having Bernie and a few other bigwigs in the FIA helps!

Mark......

P.S Also Button and ex Jordan fan, Best GP moment Spar 2001?
                          For jordan Spa 98 was better .........Hill winning one of the most distructive races i have ever seen
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

For jordan Spa 98 was better .........Hill winning one of the most distructive races i have ever seen
                            Yes, I just googled the date, dosn't time fly when yer get past 35

Mark......

Comment

Classic race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urzmz6pwN5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqZTAwom9Pg
                              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                              X