X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    Excellent!

All your own work?

no i am lucky enough to have a friend that has a lock up for all his toys (7 sj's,1 jimny,a brand new LJ80,custom ford fiesta,nissan nivara and a few other things) so he done most of the work for me
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Might go for the champion one,hmmmmmmmm.

It's lighter and powerful enough.hmmmmmmmmmm.
      Hopefully i'm gonna have it mounted quite high,with the base being about the height of the indicators
      www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Hopefully it'll look like this when done

Comment

Ive took off my front bumper to fit mine, i know its not the best looking thing but it works for now. I intend on making my own winch bumper, but thats gonna take time, im only in the idea stage at the moment with a rough sketch being as far as ive gone up to yet.
          Attached Files
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by slim
            Ive took off my front bumper to fit mine, i know its not the best looking thing but it works for now. I intend on making my own winch bumper, but thats gonna take time, im only in the idea stage at the moment with a rough sketch being as far as ive gone up to yet.
            Thats lookin good mate. How did you get it mounted so high???

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
              Hopefully it'll look like this when done

ive seen one like that on an american site, infact it looks a dead ringer! and i like it lots!! where would it be fixed apart from the two on the front? i was thinking of using two underneath and also the ones that hold the bumper on..

Comment

Well. I'll try explain.

I was gonna make up 2 brackets to go where original bumper brackets were.
                Make them so they extend to above the body lift blocks then connect them with a bit of box section. So theres rear support if that makes sense!! The bottom chassis rail will have a bit of angle iron bolted to the front. Here box section can be welded onto at an angle to up underneath the winch. Dam i'm $$$$ at explaining..............I'll go do a picture!!

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
                  Thats lookin good mate. How did you get it mounted so high???
                  Well i had some plate from work, ( hope mi gaffa dont read this)
                  and i cut out two of these...to bolt to the chassis rails then i fixed a back plate to them an a winch plate to the top and welded all togeather...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Smiffy, If you want me to get some shots on how the TJM fits, I'll sort some out.

Its bolted on with 4 bolts on the bottom above the recovery hooks, and also with 4 bolts where the bumper bracket used to be. Very sturdy... I dont have a winch for it yet, but when its got a fairlead an a cable hung on the front... its just gunna look bada$$

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                      Smiffy, If you want me to get some shots on how the TJM fits, I'll sort some out.

Its bolted on with 4 bolts on the bottom above the recovery hooks, and also with 4 bolts where the bumper bracket used to be. Very sturdy... I dont have a winch for it yet, but when its got a fairlead an a cable hung on the front... its just gunna look bada$$
                      I would also like a look at that if thats ok??

Comment

I would also like a look at that if thats ok??

Not a problem, As soon as ive got some light, I'll take some shots!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                          Not a problem, As soon as ive got some light, I'll take some shots!
                          thanks m8!!

Comment

thanks m8!!

No problemo!

Comment

Nice one Rod. hopefully get my winch ordered tonight but it'll take me a while to get the bumper sorted out. Any info is much appreciated

Comment

Got a Winch

Saved some £££'s as well!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X