Insurance Nightmares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casey
    Direct Line about £300 fully comp. Did it online, yours is on the system.
    Actually you are wrong - i have just tried it and my car IS NOT on the system. It does not recognise my reg number, then after entering the make it tells me there are no 4 runners with my engine /transmission/year, and if i choose Hilux, then the only options available are for pickups with a smaller engine.

Anyway - i have haggled a bit and suddenly Flux managed to lower the premium by about £50, raise the mileage to unlimited and drop the excess by £250. Why can't these companies ever just do that in the first place? I doubt many people just take the first renewal price they are given, so why do they make us waste so much time hunting around...do they think we enjoy this?
    adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

result - all it takes is one good quote and suddenly they all want to fight each other for the business!

Sureterm Direct finally got the business by dropping the cost (eventually) to £346.01 (.01??) raising the mileage allowance to 15k and dropping the excess to £250 and throwing in the legal expenses cover when it looked like i was going to try elsewhere!
      adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Originally posted by lightningad
        Actually you are wrong - i have just tried it and my car IS NOT on the system. It does not recognise my reg number, then after entering the make it tells me there are no 4 runners with my engine /transmission/year, and if i choose Hilux, then the only options available are for pickups with a smaller engine.

Anyway - i have haggled a bit and suddenly Flux managed to lower the premium by about £50, raise the mileage to unlimited and drop the excess by £250. Why can't these companies ever just do that in the first place? I doubt many people just take the first renewal price they are given, so why do they make us waste so much time hunting around...do they think we enjoy this?
        Strange, it must depend on Direct Line recognising your reg number then cos it recognised mine. Maybe cos its been here nearly 2yrs?
        Anyway its a two by four most of the time....

Comment

Originally posted by Casey
          Strange, it must depend on Direct Line recognising your reg number then cos it recognised mine. Maybe cos its been here nearly 2yrs?
          Odd really because i have had mine for 3 years now! And the government certainly recognise the number whenever they want road tax.
          adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Working...
          X