No announcement yet.

Insurance Nightmares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then you are a lucky chap, bushwhacker !!

you certainly cannot find my model / spec online.
    adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

hair? eh?
      adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Originally posted by lightningad
        then you are a lucky chap, bushwhacker !!

you certainly cannot find my model / spec online.

Did you enter your reg number in the box on the on-line form?

Comment

of course....problem is they either say they can't find the car, or they offer a landcruiser as the only option!
          adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

i am with lifesure £230.00 fully comp well pleased
            cheers shaun
            NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

does lifting the suspension and bigger wheels/tyres alter the insurance much?
              (im with adrian flux)
              Grant

Comment

i was with lifesure and although they will accept that you have got mods done to your truck but if anything happens then you will not get anything but a standard truck back as they will not actually cover you for the mods as they told me last year when i had the lifts done.I rang them a week or so back to tell them i got 10" wheels and 33's fitted and a powerflow s/s exhaust and they then told me it wont make any difference as i wont get anything back for them.
                I then rang Adrian Flux and i have got new for old on all the mods plus off road cover fully comp protected for just over £330 a year so they have got my business from now on.I did double check and treble check over the phone with them about the mods before i took out the cover tho.
                So if you are with lifesure then make sure all your mods are also covered new for old as you may find out like i did and find you wont get anything back on them
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

flux are one of only a handful of brokers who will cover mods like for like. Could try NIG direct as that is who underwrites most of flux's 4x4 policies. Or try some of the ones that advertise in the offroad and land rover mags. So far flux have been good to me though and i've been happy with them.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Try the FAQ's on insurance;

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1311

A long list, and they all do surfs.
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

You could try A plan.

I switched from Footman James as at last renewal the cost went up not down.

Aplan quoted about £300 average cover but I don't plan on crashing.

Just insured a second car with them and got a good deal as well.

Give both a call as if you got to france etc Footman James give you europe cover foc.

hope it helps

One other point to make is that every year I have had to ring around to get a better deal even when you have to pit one against the other.

Why cant insurers give a toss about loyalty and save you the job of testing the system.

regards

Steve

Comment

Priveledge!
                        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Hi, I,m with Academy in Avonmouth £263 fully comp, my mate got his with them in Swindon for £160 fully comp

Comment

i think i'm seeing a pattern here - run a 1st or 2nd gen pay peanuts, run a 3rd gen and get shafted!
                            Direct Line about £300 fully comp. Did it online, yours is on the system.
                            Anyway its a two by four most of the time....

Comment

Tesco - won't touch the car because it has a bullbar!!

Lifesure - wanted £645

I always thought it was supposed to get cheaper as you and your car got older.
                              Have you tried NFU Mutual? I'm with them, £320 fully comp. They don't do online quotes- you have to ring them but they're cool. They seem to be more favourable to 4x4 owners, what with them being a bunch of farmers.

Comment

i think i'm seeing a pattern here - run a 1st or 2nd gen pay peanuts, run a 3rd gen and get shafted!

I'm saying nowt
                                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
                                X