Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARRRRgh some advice!!

Ok so had an awesome Saturday with bofa on Cannock chase but

A. I got stuck on a tree damaging both side doors think they are going to need replacing any ideas how much it would cost to spray two doors if I got some from a breaking surf??

B. I have the 2" lift springs from La Supertrux but after the punishment over the weekend the right of the truck is sagging looked underneath and the spring is not broke just sagging!! They are only 5 months old!!! Do you think they are just faulty??

c. I ended the day getting recovered as I had lost the gears the engine was just revving on inspection it was leaking ATF from the bash plate area! had a quick look under today thing I can see the bottom of the oil cooler pope has come off the rad!!!!! Does it just screw on or has it sheared off!!

the engine was revving allot before it was jumping in to gear I hope if I just sort the leak and fill with atf do you think it will start working again or has in shagged the gearbox????

What do you recon??

i got some doors you could have for a little bit of cash

Comment

ATF cooler pipes are just push on / jubilee clip from what I recall.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler
        Ok so had an awesome Saturday with bofa on Cannock chase but

A. I got stuck on a tree damaging both side doors think they are going to need replacing any ideas how much it would cost to spray two doors if I got some from a breaking surf??

B. I have the 2" lift springs from La Supertrux but after the punishment over the weekend the right of the truck is sagging looked underneath and the spring is not broke just sagging!! They are only 5 months old!!! Do you think they are just faulty??

c. I ended the day getting recovered as I had lost the gears the engine was just revving on inspection it was leaking ATF from the bash plate area! had a quick look under today thing I can see the bottom of the oil cooler pope has come off the rad!!!!! Does it just screw on or has it sheared off!!

the engine was revving allot before it was jumping in to gear I hope if I just sort the leak and fill with atf do you think it will start working again or has in shagged the gearbox????

What do you recon??
        you should have two little stub pipes at the bottom of your rad.if they are not there.its possible they may of snapped off.check the end of the hose to see if they are still inside.once repaired you should be ok.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

I might take you up on the doors buddy going to get a price on the repair before i strat looking for new doors etc.

It looks to me like the atf pipe has come away from the rad the metal bit is still attached to the rubber pipe i think!!

Comment

got an awesome vid of the truck getting up a huge rutted hill jumping all over the place think that is what caused the pipe to break!!! but Bofa is well worth a trip out some good off roading...

Comment

some good off roading...
              But NOT if it breaks your car.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

True!! hope to get it sorted for wales in a few weeks to do it all again!!

Comment

The rubber pipes are pushed on then jubilee clipped to stubs which are threaded and screw into bottom section of rad (the oil cooler). On my truck i went off roading and stripped the thread off the inlet stub and lost atf oil and coolant. fortunately it only blew off when i got home so didn't cause any transmission/engine damage. If this is what has happened to yours, take the rad out and run it down to ready rads in digbeth. He can strip the old cooler out and fit a brass cooler from a chrysler neon for £45. this is what he did to mine and the thread on the fittings are a lot longer/ stronger too.
                  http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

True!! hope to get it sorted for wales in a few weeks to do it all again!!
                    It's 12 days away - oh, 11 now and two of those aren't working days.....
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I know next weekend i`m being roped in to moving my girlfriends parents out of there house in Norfolk!!! but going to take a look tonight after work see what is going on!!

Comment

Had a look tonight and it is only the oil cooler pipe that has split so not all bad!!

Comment

Had a look tonight and it is only the oil cooler pipe that has split so not all bad!!
                          disaster averted

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I went there in Aug - I got wedged on a tree stump but luckily the Bofa lads got me off (no comments pease) did you drive the follow through? That freaked me out. Good day isn't it?
                            How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Yeah we went all over the best bit for me was Suzuki hill big rutted up hill climb such a good feeling when i made it to the top!! took about three attempts before i got it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X