No announcement yet.

Boy Racers... Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across a lad with a Nova yesterday morning, and had to feel sorry for him - he was waiting for recovery while his Nova sat there with 2 flat tyres.
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

lets not get mixed up here,chavs i can't stand.with there burberry interiors and caps.but boy racers on the other hand,well we are all guilty of that at one stage in our lives.blimey i know i still am.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

well said truck!!!!,i can only speak for myself,and my cars,were and are pride and joy,my previous include 250bhp mondeo st24,impreza wrx wagon,320bhp,skyline gts,350bhp!

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
          lets not get mixed up here,chavs i can't stand.with there burberry interiors and caps.but boy racers on the other hand,well we are all guilty of that at one stage in our lives.blimey i know i still am.
          Ah the difference is if someone stuck a GT racer in front of you , you would be able to understand it and be able to work on it( that cos you can read)
          Last edited by Woodzie; 13 October 2007, 14:38.
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
            Ah the difference is if someone stuck a GT racer in front of you , you would be able to understand it and be able to work on it( that cos you can read)
            (puts fingers between lips)wibble,wibble,wibble,wibb le,wibble.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by adm_sx
              I just hope the surf driver managed to claim whiplash, pain, and stress from the little muppets insurance co.

(Foot note, if the owner of the above mentioned surf is reading sorry to hear about it mate, see you at Highdown aquatics soon, and I hope I have conveyed the facts as they were conveyed to me)
              i would have thought that we have all done silly things in the past.. claiming whiplash, pain, and stress and whatever he can just because he can isnt fair. like i said, we have all done stupid things in the past and regretted it and LEARNT (hopefully).. now a 17 yr old chav has got a whole life ahead of him, i personally wouldnt be bothered with all that hastle, visits to the doctors etc that i didnt need to do, but would need to do to claim..
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

i love fast cars and bikes like t/arms have the utmost respect for the people who have a passion for there hobby , see a quad bike up the road from me loved the way the fellah was driving it even when idiots in cars were trying to stop him getting past them
                val turned around to me and said you'd love one of those wouldn't you!!,
                i just had a big grin plastered on my face [ if only ]
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                  i love fast cars and bikes like t/arms have the utmost respect for the people who have a passion for there hobby , see a quad bike up the road from me loved the way the fellah was driving it even when idiots in cars were trying to stop him getting past them
                  yeah wouldnt we all m8 lol

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                    they are nice.
                    i know they are for off road, but i see one on tv that had low profile tyres and nice wheels. looked the nuts.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                      i would have thought that we have all done silly things in the past.. claiming whiplash, pain, and stress and whatever he can just because he can isnt fair. like i said, we have all done stupid things in the past and regretted it and LEARNT (hopefully).. now a 17 yr old chav has got a whole life ahead of him, i personally wouldnt be bothered with all that hastle, visits to the doctors etc that i didnt need to do, but would need to do to claim..

Bumps everyone else's insurance premiums up too!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Bumps everyone else's insurance premiums up too!!
                        yeah your right. we get raped enough already
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I'm an ex-boy racer :-)

I don't have a problem with boy racers.....I have a problem with a boy racers that can't drive their souped up vehicles properly.

My last car was a Mk 2 Golf GTI with a 1.9 litre, fully lightened and balanced engine, stage 3 head, fast road cam, vernier pulley, drilled airbox, racing flywheel, racing clutch and proper exhaust system - about 150BHP. And it looked 100% standard, if slightly battered, apart from being dropped a couple of inches. I drive fairly sensibly and bad drivers just pi$$ me off (road rage LOL). I keep fairly late hours and since I live in Letchworth and most of my mates live in the Edgware area, I do a lot of driving up and down the A1(M). They do an awful lot of maintenance on that road late at night and so consequently one has to come off at Hatfield and drive through the town to the next junction. Hatfield is boy racer territory! The main road to the next junction is all dual carriageway with no speed cameras and the young bucks, bless 'em, like to play amongst the normal road users that pass through. Their cars are all Max-Power types - gleaming body mods and Vulcan bomber wings on the back, dropped to within a few Rizla-widths of the road. I got picked on one night by a Saxo, a Bora and an actually rather nice looking XR3i. I hadn't shaved for most of the week (and my beard is grey ) and had no contact lenses in, so was wearing my glasses. It was about 3am and I probably looked like some middle aged, totally straight bloke, coming home from a late night fixing the network at the office . They cut me up, one at a time, in some precision, Red Arrows manoeuvre and made me brake hard enough to spill some coke (a-cola) from the can in my lap. So, at the next set of lights, and up two junctions of the motorway, I trounced them LOL. I think the thing that upset them the most was that the car looked like a battered piece of kaka - big dent in my rear bumper and covered in mud from a party at a farm I'd been to a week earlier . It's all about whether you can drive, not what it looks like.

Comment

I must confess, my supra hasa 5" tailpipe, and I put it on!!!

It is a full on performance exhaust system by HKS, cost a fortune and sounds lovely (mild steal, quiet and smooth) there was no tailpipe options so I went with what was offered.. if I can find somewhere good enough I may get a custom one made up, twin 3", so it looks stock

I have also spent thousands modifying it, but the only cosmetic changes that are visible are the exhaust, a subtle drop, wheels (which are OEM supra wheels, from a different model) and very light tints. I'd not consider myself a boyracer

What I HATE is the idiot eurobox drivers (saxo/nova/astra etc) drivers and the fast and furious ricers (farty little hondas with neons) that give the car modifying and tinkering hobby a bad name..

On a side note one of the idiot boy racers nearly killed my dad by hitting him head on at about 70 in a corrado, luckily my dad was in an S class merc which are rather solid.... the bloke in the corrado didn't fair quite as well... the gut has no MOT or Tax, and was only insured by a "technicality"

The courts are only charging him for "due care and attention" and the case is still not resolved
                            Last edited by Karma Supra; 14 October 2007, 13:00.
                            More Lift.
                            More Tyres.
                            More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                              (puts fingers between lips)wibble,wibble,wibble,wibb le,wibble.
                              Did you stick your underpants on your head and pencils in your ears when you did that
                              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                                Did you stick your underpants on your head and pencils in your ears when you did that
                                yea i did,how did you know that.
                                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X