No announcement yet.

Calling all tree surgeons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll check on the difflock forum, they should be able to tell us.
    There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
      Heres a thought, when you sharpen the saw, are you taking the tops off the rakes with a flat file, as well as using the rat tail on the cutting part of the blade? if not, the the rakes will be keeping the edge away from the wood, and no matter how sharp the thing is, you are cutting by friction. Are the cuts you are making discoloured? (the saw working on the nose usually means rakes are too long..)
      Spot on chillitt exactly what was wrong cut twice as much today. wasnt taking enough of the rakes.

Also dressed the teeth with a dremel type hobby thingy 3/16 diamond tipped it made a huge difference getting big chuncky bits now instead of powdery sawdust.

Cheers JB
      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by onlynik
        I'll check on the difflock forum, they should be able to tell us.
        He's got all his safety gear and would be in my care hope it will be ok I'll go to Ayrshire friday night stay with my folks meet you all Sat morning and leave Sunday as before still haven't got the ruddy side steps off. Been too busy.

Comment

John, I've just heard back from the difflock forum, sadly bikes aren't allowed as they aren't covered by their insurance.

I'll probably only be there on the Saturday too, though I will be camping. Looks like I'll be down there around 10 ish on teh Sat.

Scotty, you going to be there?
          There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

hi nik,

i think i may only manage on the sunday.

i'll let you know later in the week, still having probs with 4wd ,

cheers mate

Comment

John, I've just heard back from the difflock forum, sadly bikes aren't allowed as they aren't covered by their insurance.

I'll probably only be there on the Saturday too, though I will be camping. Looks like I'll be down there around 10 ish on teh Sat.

Scotty, you going to be there?
              That's a real shame, he's maybe the next DOUGIE LAMPKIN in the making and was desperate to come would the owners have any disclaimer that I could sign here he is 12 years old and after 4hours training !

He was gutted at not being able to come along and ride beside us. But rules are rules.

Thanks for trying if the guy accepts a disclaimer I'd be really chuffed.

Thanks JB
              Attached Files

Comment

He wouldn't be covered by their insurance, and I think that the main thing, so even if there was a disclaimer, I don't think they would be happy. However, as Tracey said, there is a course next door he could use, if you are willing to let him loose there.

Comment

Hi Nik missed the bit about a course next door I will bring him down and stay with him till his arms ache then he can drive the surf for a bit cheers mate

Comment

Roll on Saturday.

HIDs arrived today, might do some night driving, if I fit them today (which I will)

Comment

Roll on Saturday.

HIDs arrived today, might do some night driving, if I fit them today (which I will)
                      We will be there might get the side steps off before then.

Are there any farms nearby that are looking for pest controllers makes for good fun night driving and rabbit pie.

Comment

john, there is a dirt bike coarse round the corner for where we camp.

someone will point you in the right direction when you are there.

i have saw you lads there before so i cant see it being a problem, it may cost you another score to let young dougie go daft for a couple of hours, but it would be worth it.

nik, if you are going to need your pmr that i have for saturday, give me a call when you are near to coming off the motorway and i'll meet up with you.are you by yourslf this time or is missus whith you?

hope to see you at the weekend

cheers scotty

Comment

DIRT BIKES (motox/scramblers) are Different to TRIALS BIKES
                          Attached Files
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                            DIRT BIKES (motox/scramblers) are Different to TRIALS BIKES
                            Absolutley I hope there are a few streams rocky climbs and slopes for him trails is all about balance and slow speed skills ability I wish they would bring back Peter Purvis and Kick start

We live within 3 miles of pipers burn where the World champ 6 day trails takes place so wee fellas mad keen.

Maybe when we get there I could speak to the owner about finding a wee isolated bit for him will wait and see but stick to the rules.

Leaving Sat morning from Maidens Ayrshire after having spent the night with my parents.

Cheers JB

Comment

Peter Purvis and Kick start TOP PROGRAMME
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6bBTqw3t-E

This is what Dougie gets up to

Comment