Clear All

Originally posted by mud skipper
    dont do any thing silly like take to the bottle chin up m8
    Yeah - good advice - look where it has got me
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
      Wassthat then?
      those dangerous industries can be anything these days. like printer blank paper filler.. you can really nick yourself on the edges of that paper.. ouch!
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper
        mud skipper...
        who?!
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
          who?!
          ?
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by marky
            I need a company to help with TRAINING etc. Thats what id like to get into.
            Having worked in some of the most DANGEROUS ACCIDENT PRONE INDUSTRIES.Ive seen some really bad accidents over the YEARS even one Death.
            Ive been kicked off customer sites because ive had concerns over various

You know when you seen a dead body on the railway.Its something you will never forget believe me whether its an accident or a suicide.either way when you have to go round and pick up the bits of someone thats been hit at 70mph and literally plastered along the track and wash down peoples houses to clear the mess off.We had a couple of our guys 2 years ago nearly run down by a train because of a mishap by the signalman and if it wasn't for one of the guys just looking round when he did then they would of had it.The railway is one of the most dangerous jobs to have and the H&S is meant to be sh1te hot but it only is if everyone obeys it.Trying to get insurance cover is near impossible and when you do find a company to insure you ,you end up paying for it.I have been a H&S Rep for 3 years now and it is hard as hell to stick by the H&S if you need to get a job done and on time but we do our best and as safely as possible and thats all anyone can do
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by marky
              I need a company to help with TRAINING etc. Thats what id like to get into.
              Having worked in some of the most DANGEROUS ACCIDENT PRONE INDUSTRIES.Ive seen some really bad accidents over the YEARS even one Death.
              Ive been kicked off customer sites because ive had concerns over various

You know when you seen a dead body on the railway.Its something you will never forget believe me whether its an accident or a suicide.either way when you have to go round and pick up the bits of someone thats been hit at 70mph and literally plastered along the track and wash down peoples houses to clear the mess off.We had a couple of our guys 2 years ago nearly run down by a train because of a mishap by the signalman and if it wasn't for one of the guys just looking round when he did then they would of had it.The railway is one of the most dangerous jobs to have and the H&S is meant to be sh1te hot but it only is if everyone obeys it.Trying to get insurance cover is near impossible and when you do find a company to insure you ,you end up paying for it.I have been a H&S Rep for 3 years now and it is hard as hell to stick by the H&S if you need to get a job done and on time but we do our best and as safely as possible and thats all anyone can do
              I know exactly what ya mean - I know it's not in same league but watched one of our lads crush his foot with an FLT last year coz the floor was wet and he skidded into the loadin dock. No one thought to put up signs to say floor was wet - peeps just don't take it serious enough.

Comment

I know exactly what ya mean - I know it's not in same league but watched one of our lads crush his foot with an FLT last year coz the floor was wet and he skidded into the loadin dock. No one thought to put up signs to say floor was wet - peeps just don't take it serious enough.
                Thats it you hit the nail on the head.It all ok for the h&s reps and h&s officers to kick off about when something is wrong but we are only there to make sure each and everyone of the workforce go home in one piece and no injuries, if the workforce don't want to stick by the regs that are laid down by the h&s then they should keep their mouths shut when something does happen and stop trying to pass the blame to someone else.

Comment

Thats it you hit the nail on the head.It all ok for the h&s reps and h&s officers to kick off about when something is wrong but we are only there to make sure each and everyone of the workforce go home in one piece and no injuries, if the workforce don't want to stick by the regs that are laid down by the h&s then they should keep their mouths shut when something does happen and stop trying to pass the blame to someone else.

What ever happened to common sense then??

Comment

bosses have a lot to answer for mine hates the letter h&s he sees it as a waste of time and money, try fitting a camera up on a wall of a school 30 foot up a ladder with kids around and your on your own

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                      I'm with NOVA i Think DASLUGMAN Matt told me.
                      The whole point is i'm not making a decent wage out of the work im getting.
                      I was better off on the DOLE as my Mortgage was paid for by my Mortgage Protection. I just needed a JOB for my Sanity as i was going mad but this is taking the Urine
                      why not go self employed, then do your own tax and ni?
                      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Tis right - Coz we work with food and haz substances - ya gotta enforce procedures. well ya may as well talk to the wall as talk to some people. Then aas soon as something happens the blame starts...........

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          Unfortunatly it don't always smack peeps in the face

Comment

we work with food and haz substances
                            Someone THAT bad a cook ?
                            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              Exactly Vince but these days no-one is allowed to use their common sense anymore.On the railway there has been more deaths with maintenance staff with all the h&s $$$$ then what there was years ago.
                              Years ago a bloke would hang a hi/vis coat on the side of the track 1/4 mile away and as soon as a train saw it the driver blew the horn and the workers would have plenty of time to get out the way.These days they had lookouts and when you been stood trackside for hours on end watching out for trains and the warning the workers it is very easy to lose concentration and thats when theres an accident

Comment

Exactly Vince but these days no-one is allowed to use their common sense anymore.On the railway there has been more deaths with maintenance staff with all the h&s $$$$ then what there was years ago.
                                Years ago a bloke would hang a hi/vis coat on the side of the track 1/4 mile away and as soon as a train saw it the driver blew the horn and the workers would have plenty of time to get out the way.These days they had lookouts and when you been stood trackside for hours on end watching out for trains and the warning the workers it is very easy to lose concentration and thats when theres an accident
                                biggest prob i see is cutbacks

not enough staff/workers

Comment

Working...
                                X