I Must Be Mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Must Be Mad

I started a NEW JOB last month doing what i did before, A field Service Engineer for DELL. Ive been with DELL for 10 Years & ive loved it, I was never Employed by them as they outsource all their Warranty work. Last Year i earnt 28K & i was made Redundant in March. I now Work for a different Warranty Company BUT They pay £35 per day + £8 per job,
    I am only getting on average 2 jobs per day = £51 before TAX,
    I dont get any CAR ALLOWANCE off them or FUEL, I also have to be Registered with an UMBRELLA company to pay my NI & TAX @ £18 a week
    They claim 40p per mile off my TAX.
    AM I A MUG OR WHAT!
    The Agency that advertised the Position stated 18-20K a year & it was Permanent. Where do i stand Legally?
    My Mortgage company have now issued me a DEFAULT as my payments are behind.
    This would have been resolved if the TAX had got there finger out with my tax return as they owe me £2500 wich i applied for 8 weeks ago.
    I'm ready to throw in the TOWEL
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

You don't have to be registered with an umbrella compnay, but £18 a week is a bit steep. I pay £22 a week for mine, but its based on 1.5% of my earnings.
    There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      I started a NEW JOB last month doing what i did before, A field Service Engineer for DELL. Ive been with DELL for 10 Years & ive loved it, I was never Employed by them as they outsource all their Warranty work. Last Year i earnt 28K & i was made Redundant in March. I now Work for a different Warranty Company BUT They pay £35 per day + £8 per job,
      I dont get any CAR ALLOWANCE off them or FUEL, I also have to be Registered with an UMBRELLA company to pay my NI & TAX @ £18 a week
      AM I A MUG OR WHAT!
      The Agency that advertised the Position stated 18-20K a year & it was Permanent. Where do i stand Legally?
      This would have been resolved if the TAX had got there finger out with my tax return as they owe me £2500 wich i applied for 8 weeks ago.
      cant remember how much tax i pay. but out of a monthly wage of £1920 my expenses are usually very close if not over the minimum wage limit.. something like £800 a month expenses.
      this means i pay tax on like £1100 etc etc

what umbrella company are you with? i ditched mine and switched to a better one that only charges 2% including tax. just by switching it meant i was earning almost £300 per month more.

i drive 40 miles per day @ 40p per mile. i claim £21 per day subsistance as i work over the required time. also you can claim stuff like stamps etc and other stuff. you can claim even more if you are a limited company. i just cant be bothered with the gried of working out my own tax, and setting it all up, or paying an accountant.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

oh and dont forget you have to pay national insurance twice either way.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
          it can be a acomplete grind marky,change your unbrella company,you should be getting (out of app 50 quid) nigh on all of it.

it is worth sticking with but you may need to take some expert advice from an accountant

good luck
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
            I'm with NOVA i Think DASLUGMAN Matt told me.
            The whole point is i'm not making a decent wage out of the work im getting.
            I was better off on the DOLE as my Mortgage was paid for by my Mortgage Protection. I just needed a JOB for my Sanity as i was going mad but this is taking the Urine
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

Heres the ADVERT for the JOB. Its not what it says on the Tin
              Attached Files
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

have you got proof for the tax refund take it and show your mortgage co mpany if you keep in regular contact they might give you time to catch up or offer to pay just the interest till you are sorted hope all works out for ya

Comment

marky dont delay in looking for alternative work. you cant keep doing that if its getting you in debt mate.

how much subsistance are you claiming? my umbrella company is good at letting me claim the maximum ammount. and they also are the first to tell me WHEN EVERY BL00DY MONTH MY JOB FCKS UP MY PAY. (sometimes they loose a whole weeks worth and then try telling me i will get it next month!)

if they said it was permenant i would hastle them over that. or at least ask for more money.
                  the way it works is:
                  you job pays your agency, your agency does absolutely nothing and takes their cut, then gives the rest to the umbrella, who then do all the hard work and takes a tiny ammount.
                  you see you can usually push the agency for more money.

my job actually pays my agency over £120 for me per day. when i first started i was only seeing £80 before tax. i moaned at this to my colleagues cos it was less than the job before. i then found out they were getting £75. and the other bloke was getting £70.. so they make their prices up as they go on. speak to your colleagues about how much they get and make the agency feel guilty if they pay them more.
                  also switch over to my umbrella company and we get £25 each after 3 months.

you know its a bugger we have to pay ourselves holiday pay... its the law now.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

UMBRELLA COMPANIES are being Quashed by the Government eventually so ive heard.
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

if thats the job spec, and thats what you had the interview for, and thats what they said you got then why the hell are you not getting it?

i went for an interview with toyota in their head office earlier in the year.. job spec said £23k, and in the interview they asked me what my salary expectations were, i said the job spec said £23...soo.... they said its more like £22.5 i said okay, then the 2nd interview and they asked me that again, and they said its more like £20 - £21. they all try it on. i should have put them straight, if that went badly i should of got up, kicked the chair over and said tataaaa!!
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

UMBRELLA COMPANIES are being Quashed by the Government eventually so ive heard.
                        not what ive heard, but untill that happens we still need them.
                        my umbrella company are the best i found. i spent a whole week looking through google on umbrellas to get the best one. and i can only find a better deal if you earn over £100k - then you pay 1% per year fee. and thats with my umbrella company lol
                        im looking for a job now, and im only considering permenant roles with progression to move up.
                        i get looked down upon because im contract
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

AM I A MUG OR WHAT!

That sucks Mark.
                          Theres better jobs than that around, surley.

Found this one, any good for you??

http://www.cwjobs.co.uk/JobSeeking/job32690482.html

Comment

I'll work out what ive earnt GROSS tommorrow & post it up. I'm already 4K down as they dont give you any CAR ALLOWANCE.
                            (\__/)
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              That sucks Mark.
                              Theres better jobs than that around, surley.

Found this one, any good for you??

http://www.cwjobs.co.uk/JobSeeking/job32690482.html
                              I used to cover Birmingham many years ago it took me 3 Hours to get there every Morning so its not cost effective for me. A similar role in the Northwest is fine, I'm applying for around 3 jobs per day but you dont get many replies these days. Thanks VINCE.
                              (\__/)
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X