I got a job !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
    I supposed I had better wash the Runner , its still pretty muddy after the short outing at Avalanche .I dont think they would want a dirty old truck as well as a dirty old yardman !! I can then fit my new stickers you did for me !
    Been in my new job five days. The truck already causes a stir. Gave a guy from Rolls Royce a 1/2 hour tour around it today . They dont mind the mud
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

That great news Rick .......sounds just the job for you ......minimal stress

Good luck and when do you start
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
        That great news Rick .......sounds just the job for you ......minimal stress

Good luck and when do you start
        I start on Wedensday . Early start at 6-30 , so finish at 3-30 which gives me sometime to spend at home working on the house or even my Lotus (about time too).
        No weekends , except if urgent . No overtime , if I stay late to finish a job I go early the next day or 2.
        I should have told him I could not start till the following week as I forgot I had 5 days work down at my sisters which was paying £100 per day !!. Now dont see how I can do that work . Tam dont want me away from home as she feels a little uncomfortable here on her own . Her mum was coming to stay while I went to my sisters this week , but she will have gone home by the weekend when I was now going to go to my sisters .
        Better to have a full time job then just 5 days of work.
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Glad you got something at last Rick....At least we now know you are not sponging of us all at last.........hehehe

As far as Tam is about you going off and leaving her you could allways get a Dog more for the company but great as way of keeping fit and the numpties away from the house...and if you get the right dog they can allways keep the furry chickens down in the garden or form the yard where you are going to work....That way the hound earns his keep and is not a couch potato like some you see....

Good luck mate cos me and the missus are thinkin of gettin away from the smoke but were lookin at going down Dorset which we have fallen in love with...
          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo

Good luck mate cos me and the missus are thinkin of gettin away from the smoke but were lookin at going down Dorset which we have fallen in love with...
            Away from the smoke ...........It's surfensteins exhaust fumes down there
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

WTG Rick.Glad you got something at last and its something you'll like doing and good luck with the Job
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
                Glad you got something at last Rick....At least we now know you are not sponging of us all at last.........hehehe

As far as Tam is about you going off and leaving her you could allways get a Dog more for the company but great as way of keeping fit and the numpties away from the house.....
                Never signed on mate . When we sold up in London we set some money aside for us to live on for a while but after RBS stole £3500 from my bank account things have changed . We were going to see wot we could get benifit wise as we werent getting much job wise . Tam is not sure wot she wants to do yet , either retrain or something , so she will go to sign on and get some advise from them aswell . If she wants to stay ay home , thats up to her , but as long as I am working we will be OK . Will need to do the odd job here and there so I can fund some of my projects .

As for the dog , we want two Rocweilers (spell check) , but still got 2 cats , so wait for them to meet their maker 1st.
                Last edited by Vagrant No2; 8 September 2007, 07:31.
                Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Newfoundlands would suit you better .......

After all they could rescue you when jotto goes wading too deep
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

About time . Sent off loads of CV's etc , mostly no replies or thanks no thanks letters .
                    Going to do something I think I may actually enjoy . I am going to be a 'Mechanically minded yardperson' as the ad put it. Got look after the grounds and equipment of a large landscaping co. near home. 1st job is to reroof the office units all 3 of them on my own !
                    Loads of small plant to service and maintain . Sort out the tool shed , chemical stores and clear out all the s$$$$ the last bloke left . Engines in bits , gearboxes out etc .
                    About time to you lazy son of the soil.Still I supose now you live Norfolk you kinda do things sloooowly.

Nah didnt mean it m8.Well done dad...
                    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

nice one Rick - glad to hear things are working out up there... hows the weather?
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

About time . Sent off loads of CV's etc , mostly no replies or thanks no thanks letters .
                        Going to do something I think I may actually enjoy . I am going to be a 'Mechanically minded yardperson' as the ad put it. Got look after the grounds and equipment of a large landscaping co. near home. 1st job is to reroof the office units all 3 of them on my own !
                        Loads of small plant to service and maintain . Sort out the tool shed , chemical stores and clear out all the s$$$$ the last bloke left . Engines in bits , gearboxes out etc .
                        Well Done Rick
                        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Nice one. Best kind of job you can have. On your tod and outside. Spot boll*ck.

Comment

well done rick
                            hope it dont rain while you are roffing son
                            but is a yard person a posh name for a swamp donkeys mate
                            Last edited by pops; 9 September 2007, 20:52.
                            Enjoying Life after Cancer
                            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                              Away from the smoke ...........It's surfensteins exhaust fumes down there
                              oi woodzie you git.great news rick,hope it goes well for you.i wouldnt worry about the wages,sounds like the job has a lot of pros,that can make up for it.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Great news Rick, nice to hear - hope you have fun with it!!
                                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
                                X