I got a job !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a job !

About time . Sent off loads of CV's etc , mostly no replies or thanks no thanks letters .
    Going to do something I think I may actually enjoy . I am going to be a 'Mechanically minded yardperson' as the ad put it. Got look after the grounds and equipment of a large landscaping co. near home. 1st job is to reroof the office units all 3 of them on my own !
    Loads of small plant to service and maintain . Sort out the tool shed , chemical stores and clear out all the s$$$$ the last bloke left . Engines in bits , gearboxes out etc .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

WTG Rick
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Congrats Dude

Sounds like the kind of job you'll enjoy, plenty of variety and hopefully some new stuff to challenge you
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
        Congrats Dude

Sounds like the kind of job you'll enjoy, plenty of variety and hopefully some new stuff to challenge you
        Thats wot I want , variety in work . Money is not great , but we moved away from London for a 'better life' which we knew meant less money .
        Plenty of equiment to borrow aswell , I hope . Trailers , cement mixers and he says he will buy new tools and a new mig welder

Comment

whats money isnt great then as per hour ? not minimum wage i hope.

Comment

Congrats mate Sounds good
            How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
              whats money isnt great then as per hour ? not minimum wage i hope.
              No, it is above minimum wage . I did want more then offered but after the interview I looked at wot he wanted done and could understand why he could only offer the wage he did. I am a B/TEC qualified mechanic , semi skilled panel beater , welder , auto electrician . He said I was over qualified for the job , he wants someone who can just service small plant and do DIY type work around the yard . So I said OK to the job , but we will discuss a 25p p/h increase in 3 months .

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                No, it is above minimum wage . I did want more then offered but after the interview I looked at wot he wanted done and could understand why he could only offer the wage he did. I am a B/TEC qualified mechanic , semi skilled panel beater , welder , auto electrician . He said I was over qualified for the job , he wants someone who can just service small plant and do DIY type work around the yard . So I said OK to the job , but we will discuss a 25p p/h increase in 3 months .
                And you stand the chance of gaining something precious

The feeling that your employer APPRECIATES you - it's about time !
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                  And you stand the chance of gaining something precious

The feeling that your employer APPRECIATES you - it's about time !
                  Hopefully . That last bunch of $$$$s RBS ( Directline etc) are still giving me grief over my company car . They removed over £3500 from a CLOSED bank account and then charged me for being over drawn !!
                  So no company car , no £1,000,000 claim portfolio to worry about , no targets to reach , idiot policeyholders lying through their teeth , etc. See why I am happy to potter about a yard for 1/2 the money I was on .

Need to change my 4Runner insurance from 3,000 mile restricted to 6,000 mile restricted .

Comment

Congrats,
                    Sure you`ll enjoy it. It`s not about the money, you`ll be able to schedule your own work, use the workshop facilities and get freebees in the form of redundant kit, steel offcuts, surplus landscape materials etc. You can even make a go-cart during lunchtime! Probably a bit of paperwork involved too for H & S service records etc. so you dont get bored.
                    Good Luck!