Golf Advice Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwh200
    you do know that getting interested in golf is practice for retirement,incontinence etc,,dont want to put you off or anything
    Thats not true!! i'm retired, incontinent, completly gaga and i cant stand golf!
    i'd rather eat a cigar
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

well, could have guessed there be a few nutters out there but hey
      got meself some clubs last night and just got back from the driving range at boysnope golf club....god....talk about embarrasing. Was managing about 100-150 yds and plenty of slice shots.......god knows how the pros get the ball upto 250yds or so - unless they've added some lead to their club
      Gaz

Comment

Use the No1 Wood not the Sand Wedge
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

A good selection for your bag should be
          1. .22 ruger 10/22 for the rabbits .
          2. mossy pump 12 bore for the woodies .
          3 .223 coz you never know

o and some buttys and a falsk of tea...
          john
          i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

im getting into golf. only been to the driving range though. its hard to hold the club where its decent. out of the 3 or 400 shots ive it, only 1 or 2 have felt nice when the club has hit the ball, and its gone in a straight line.
            any other time it curves or if it doesnt then i get a vibration through the club which is not supposed to happen apparently.

when we were in the alps, the french bird told me to drive down to the range im sure she did. i drove and parked behind where they were driving from pretty much on the course!
            my friend can hit like 250 yards easily, but he dont look right when he hits the ball. right now if i try and hit the ball hard it goes just as far as when i do it softly. and there was a time where i can use the slanted club and it would go as far as when i used a wood! most ive got in yards was 200 but that was one of those 'good hits'

if i was going to do it more, i would buy some cheap 2nd hand clubs from the club shop - £25 per club max. no worry about hitting the floor with them, or loosing grip and launching them onto the grass further than you hit the ball
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              All golf courses should be banned, they are biggest waste of space in our already overcrowded country, as well as being very bad for the environment. They consume lots of land for a comparitively limited recreational value. They require lots of water. They have low biodiversity. They require a lot of poisons and chemicals for maintenance which run off easily polluting local water tables.

you do make a point, they should open up golf courses on some days for family picnics and stuff. the kids could play in the sand, and its always quiet on them would be a nice spot to pull out the rug and have some scones
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
              X