Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Advice Required

Right lads and lassies, need advice.

I am thinking about taking up Golf and initially looking for advice on clubs/irons.

thinking about a reasonably priced set for starters. Any Ideas on makes (Ping, Callaway, Cobra etc are way too priced for a starter)

Question:
    would you have

No Driver, 3 & 5 Wood, Rescue Wood to replace the long irons of 3 or 4, 5 iron to 9 iron, PW, SW and Putter

or would you go with the conventional:
    Driver, 3 & 5 Wood, 3 Iron through to 9 iron, PW, SW and Putter
    Gaz

Originally posted by Gizmo
    Right lads and lassies, need advice.

I am thinking about taking up Golf and initially looking for advice on clubs/irons.

thinking about a reasonably priced set for starters. Any Ideas on makes (Ping, Callaway, Cobra etc are way too priced for a starter)

Question:
    would you have

No Driver, 3 & 5 Wood, Rescue Wood to replace the long irons of 3 or 4, 5 iron to 9 iron, PW, SW and Putter

or would you go with the conventional:
    Driver, 3 & 5 Wood, 3 Iron through to 9 iron, PW, SW and Putter
    you do know that getting interested in golf is practice for retirement,incontinence etc,,dont want to put you off or anything
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I just want more hassle in my life in trying to hit that little ball as far as I can without turning it into a banana or into the rough.

Do ya think I can drive the surf as a buggy, at least will get out of the bunkers if the ball doesn't
      Gaz

Comment

as long as you can use your surf as a buggy
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Its the wrong time of Year GAZ get SNAKES & LADDERS until next year.
          YES i was in Eccles today as i saw a Surf similiar to yours.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            Its the wrong time of Year GAZ get SNAKES & LADDERS until next year.
            YES i was in Eccles today as i saw a Surf similiar to yours.
            If it was after 9am or before 5pm then it wasn't me. There are a few round there these days.
            Gaz

Comment

Get yourself down to the DRIVING RANGE near the TRAFFORD CENTRE for some practice. Buy a 1/2 set for now & build up as you go.
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                Get yourself down to the DRIVING RANGE near the TRAFFORD CENTRE for some practice. Buy a 1/2 set for now & build up as you go.
                Take it you mean Boysnope Golf club on the A57 towards Irlam?
                Gaz

Comment

All I can say is go to a good golf shop with a small driving range in the back and they will let you try loads of clubs etc to see which you swing the best with. They will then cust fit them to suit your angle of apporach etc.

There is one in Bury accross from KFC near the VW place (cant remember the name sorry) and they look after you very well.

Make sure you tell them your budget up front or they will stiff you for the dearest they can.
                  -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Get yourself a dog the walk would be more usefull than hittin a ball with one of those over priced bats to looking for the ball to knock it into a hole...The dog can retreive a ball a lot quicker than you can find it in the middle of those manicured fields....

Sorry about that lads Having tried to find these golf courses from their lack of vital information in the address. All you get is the name of the course and the town....and if your lucky a postcode...Its allright for the natives but when you could of driven a few hundred miles to find it a proper address is or even proper directions that doesnt take you throught weight limits and low bridges would be helpfull
                    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

All golf courses should be banned, they are biggest waste of space in our already overcrowded country, as well as being very bad for the environment. They consume lots of land for a comparitively limited recreational value. They require lots of water. They have low biodiversity. They require a lot of poisons and chemicals for maintenance which run off easily polluting local water tables.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        All golf courses should be banned, they are biggest waste of space in our already overcrowded country, as well as being very bad for the environment. They consume lots of land for a comparitively limited recreational value. They require lots of water. They have low biodiversity. They require a lot of poisons and chemicals for maintenance which run off easily polluting local water tables.

But they are great places for shooting rabbits...
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Maurice
                          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                            Take it you mean Boysnope Golf club on the A57 towards Irlam?
                            NO! The one next to the New SKI SLOPE they are Building.
                            (\__/)
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                              But they are great places for shooting rabbits...

Here here...
                              -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Working...
                              X