Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rether you

Originally posted by ian619
    I been thinking about something similar useing the extra rad i got to help cooling, maybe on the return from heating the veg tank, it'll need protection and some from of air pick up (scoop) to catch the undertow, long as it tucked well up out the way it'll only be the scoop that gets damaged,
    same with the tank at the back, nowt to stop ya makeing a decent bash plate, re the oil cooler apart from distance from the engine cant see any probs, nor the fuel tank limiting lift, apatr from the useual fitting longer filler hose and fuel line flexy's,

rether you than me :
    S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

do

Originally posted by ian619
      Cheeky sod! you never know i may just surprise the lot of ya, anyway if ya've nowt to do check the stickers emails
      made a start today! bent some copper tube for the hot water coil to go in the tank

do you make back springs out o copper to y put it in the tank when you can bend the fuel line round the rad pipe and it will not mean that you have to drill and shoder the tank don't you know that for a mot that you cant have a weld or patch on a fuel tank know
      Last edited by jeff.fn02jwa; 3 September 2007, 01:51.
      S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa
        do you make back springs out o copper to y put it in the tank when you can bend the fuel line round the rad pipe and it will not mean that you have to drill and shoder the tank don't you know that for a mot that you cant have a weld or patch on a fuel tank know
        Maybe not but their going to have to lift off the body to see it!! and anyway the point is to warm the veg oil in the tank (winter) it'll be passing through a heat exchanger on its way to the filter/pump as well, that should deliver hot(ish) oil to the engine,
        Last edited by POPEYE; 3 September 2007, 08:00.
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
        X